Deal Alert: Zaggbuds $25.48
Oct 16, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 16
These are very competent units and sound a lot better than I thought they would. The treble is decent but these appear to be very mid-centric. The bass is Ok but a little light in my opinion, but I tend to like quite a bit of bass so many will be satisfied with these as they are, but these don't appear to be designed around producing lots of bass. The housings are plastic and so is the cable sheathing. The unit is very light and very comfortable, if you can swap out the crappy stock tips. The sound from these is a little flat and cold and would seem to benefit from some burn-in. These are worth the $25.00 they normally ask with the current discounts, but I really would not pay more than that for these as there are a few better sounding earphones in this price range that probably sound a little better, but overall these are competent earphones for the price. I purchased these to test them since the price was so low and they have a good return policy, you can just return them without the original box and they will
credit you purchase price minus shipping.

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 16
The Zaggs probably don't sound as good as your UE 4's. The Zaggbuds are decent, but I probably would not waste too much time or money on them as there are probably 1/2 dozen better IEM's out there for the same price. I would only use the Zaggs as a back-up for something else. Even the lowly Skullcandy FMJ sound far better than the Zaggs, for Bass at least. 

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 16
well for 24 buck ill try and if i don't like them i can just sell them on ebay
would they benefit from burn in or just burn them
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
well for 24 buck ill try and if i don't like them i can just sell them on ebay
would they benefit from burn in or just burn them
smily_headphones1.gif

Keep us updated.  Just listen to them for a week or two.  You should be able to crank it after 2 days of listening.

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 16
OK just got them today shipped from zagg 
non of the ear tips fit, tried the olives/ue foam tips so i used the large ue silicone tips and got a good seal- mid and treble are muffled , you can hear the driver crinkle with a good seal  and bass muddy.
seal= get low end  - cellophane crinkle from driver
unsealed-=mid - treble
I need to find some different tips to try  any suggestions ?

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 16
they come with 3 pair of gel tips and 2 pair foam tips. their large tip is the size of maybe a UE medium tip 
i might just buy another pair and cut the ear buds off to use the cable. its really nice
the volume control is horrible, it makes allot of noise adjusting

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 16

ZV3 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Zaggs probably don't sound as good as your UE 4's. The Zaggbuds are decent, but I probably would not waste too much time or money on them as there are probably 1/2 dozen better IEM's out there for the same price. I would only use the Zaggs as a back-up for something else. Even the lowly Skullcandy FMJ sound far better than the Zaggs, for Bass at least. 

It's good for reference, Thanks for your explanation! It is exactly what I need, I got more deep understanding about this part.

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #13 of 16
IMO the zaggs arent worth it. They sound much worse than the klipsch image s2s which goes for around 28USD online and have less isolation. They are mainly for people who want something cheap that would work with the iphone and offer better sound than stock earbuds. And the invisishield is just a gimmick, i bought a invishield for the iphone and it is exactly just a plastic cover that costs much more than it should. so it wouldnt make it more durable or scratch proof. I think.

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
IMO the zaggs arent worth it. They sound much worse than the klipsch image s2s which goes for around 28USD online and have less isolation. They are mainly for people who want something cheap that would work with the iphone and offer better sound than stock earbuds. And the invisishield is just a gimmick, i bought a invishield for the iphone and it is exactly just a plastic cover that costs much more than it should. so it wouldnt make it more durable or scratch proof. I think.

1-Worse than the S2?  That's really bad then.

2-Invisible shield is NOT, I repeat NOT just plastic!  I have it on most of my gear and it does exactly what it says.  In Fact the US uses it on all Helicopter rotor blades in the Persian Gulf due to sand abrasion.  Your assertion is quite false, nothing personal.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 16
iv had them for 2 months and they were not worth the 24 bucks let alone full retail
the invisible shield is the only thing i like about this product , i put them back in the box 
i would rather use stock then these    IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back