Deal Alert: Ultrasone Pro 900 for $384 shipped
Dec 29, 2009 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Baird GoW

500+ Head-Fier
Jan 5, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #2 of 17
I thought i would bump this for anyone who missed it 1 time since it is getting significantly less reviews nearing the 15th page

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 17
Thanks for the alert. This is exactly what I was looking for. But since I live in the middle of the Pacific, it came out to $402.42 with 2nd day fedex. Pulled the trigger and here they come!

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 17
I've been bouncing between the thought of getting this deal, or shopping around more for a good D7000 deal. I know the PRO 900s would be a nice step up from what I have, but I'm tempted to take a BIG step up with the D7000s
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 17
If your gonna spend that much you may as well get the HE-5

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your gonna spend that much you may as well get the HE-5

x2.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 17
Too late. Got the D7000. I'm not a fan of ordering from China, and from what I've read, the HE-5 is a bit light on the bass, which is definitely not my taste. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late. Got the D7000. I'm not a fan of ordering from China, and from what I've read, the HE-5 is a bit light on the bass, which is definitely not my taste. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Well, I can tell you first hand that that's not true, but then again, just my opinion. If you read one of Sachu's comments saying the HE-5 is lacking in bass, disregard it. Sachu is a basssssssssheaddddd!

That said, I imagine the D7000 is a fantastic headphone. I was really considering it. I hope you enjoy it!

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I can tell you first hand that that's not true, but then again, just my opinion. If you read one of Sachu's comments saying the HE-5 is lacking in bass, disregard it. Sachu is a basssssssssheaddddd!

That said, I imagine the D7000 is a fantastic headphone. I was really considering it. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, I'm sure I will. The wait for delivery is always the hardest part!

Yea I actually was very interested in the HE-5, but read that the bass is ok, but not super impactful and deep. Being that I can listen to my DT770 for hours on end, I guess I might even consider myself a basshead. Also, I've had one bad experience ordering direct from China, so it's a personal rule of mine to never do it again.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I'm sure I will. The wait for delivery is always the hardest part!

Yea I actually was very interested in the HE-5, but read that the bass is ok, but not super impactful and deep. Being that I can listen to my DT770 for hours on end, I guess I might even consider myself a basshead. Also, I've had one bad experience ordering direct from China, so it's a personal rule of mine to never do it again.

Agreed. Waiting for over 5 things right now, oh the pain.

The bass, IMO, is SUPER deep, but I'd agree its impact is not enormous. (I don't like huge impact anyways) I totally understand not ordering from China though, totally.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 17
Well I caved in and I bought a pair of these Ultrasones with the stereoimaging.

There isn't a closed back set of headphones with their unique features so I figure it's probably worth a shot in the dark.

Still waiting for them to come. Didn't pay more than £235 for them new either....that's cheaper than you guys in the States. Not sure how that works out
confused.gif

We usually get ripped off for everything in the UK...

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 17
This is better than RMC audios price by $15

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimPrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
europe: Ultrasone PRO 900 Closed-Back Professional Headphones | SALE Now On!

I was on the lookout for 900s recently til I settled on some Ed 8s. I came across this site too. My natural inclination is to be suspicious of sites with generic names and so I did a bit of googling. Now, they still might be a fine supplier & maybe they've got their act together for 2010 but I was certainly put off enough not to take the chance. Just be forearmed and do read up before you pull the trigger: IHeadphones.co.uk experiences - AVForums.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back