DEAL ALERT: UE Super.Fi 5vi for $59.99 at Amazon.com
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 11
When these came out there was a huge thread on them and how people thought they sounded superior to the original SF5pros, and how they were extremely comfortable. Not sure why they dont generate any interest even though the prices have been pretty low. Guess its the head-fi effect, and how any new model gets rave reviews and hailed as the ultimate iem, but as the new toy effect wears off people think its old and horrible sounding.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
When these came out there was a huge thread on them and how people thought they sounded superior to the original SF5pros, and how they were extremely comfortable. Not sure why they dont generate any interest even though the prices have been pretty low. Guess its the head-fi effect, and how any new model gets rave reviews and hailed as the ultimate iem, but as the new toy effect wears off people think its old and horrible sounding.

i dont ever recall seeing that.  im sure they were more or less panned as clearly inferior to the sf5pro and not quite enough cheaper than them.  not that they figured hugely on my radar so i could be mistaken

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks for the news but unfortunately for me they don't ship here :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 11
Honestly, I would say 90%+ of all music listeners are using the earphones that came with their respective MP3 players. 

I think a lot of people read the posts on head-fi and get the wrong idea that some of the more affordable premium earphones, such as UE Triple.Fi 5, are no good, but that's so far from true.

I started using Super.Fi 3 about 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier with my purchase even though I paid the full retail price for them. It was a world of difference from all the other earphones that I've used prior to that.

So if you're like me and are finding yourself getting more greedy, and reasoning with yourself for higher and higher budget by each post you're reading, stop and get these while they're here at a great price.

It's a good price for a great set of earphones from a reputable company with proven track record of building quality earphones.

For easier comparison:
1. stock earphone to premium earphone - FM radio to CD
(huge difference in quality and quantity, especially in the lower frequencies)
2. premium earphone to high-end earphone - CD to DVD Audio
(noticeable but marginal difference in articulation, sound dynamics and frequency response)

The money and time can better spent on buying a media player capable of playing lossless format and buying music encoded in lossless format.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 11
is it me or is there anyone else who wouldn't buy this model for its look. I really love the ue super fi 3, 5 or triple fi 10 looks. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
i dont ever recall seeing that.  im sure they were more or less panned as clearly inferior to the sf5pro and not quite enough cheaper than them.  not that they figured hugely on my radar so i could be mistaken

Im refering back to this thread. When these came out they thought it was the Super.fi 5 Pro 2.0. Improvement over the SF5pros both in terms of comfort and sound despite being a single driver top fire design.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/348371/new-and-improved-ultimate-ears-super-fi-5-v2-0-huge-sound-in-a-tiny-package

Users who are viewing this thread

Back