DEAL ALERT: Monster Turbine Pro Copper @ Dell.com (NOW NOT AVAILABLE AS OF 3-17-10)
Apr 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #406 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by holeinmywallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has been shipped yesterday 3/31 and was provided with a tracking number. The estimated delivery date is shown as 4/2. sweet!! I was thoroughly disappointed with my last purchase(HD650), so i am keeping my expectations low this time. anyways I am having trouble keeping the urge to pull the trigger on EQ7 and IE8.. Hope I can find some people in Seattle area to trade for a few weeks??

Man, a 4/2 delivery date...that's quick. Yours must be originating from a different place than mine for you to get in WA so fast... I just called Dell & got my tracking # (mine is arriving via UPS); I won't get it here in the Midwest until 4/5 (appears the shipment originated from Atlanta, GA on 3/31). I forgot Dell doesn't upgrade to expedited shipping in cases of delayed orders..given the volume they ship, you'd think they could upgrade shipping @ very minimal actual cost to them.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #407 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know exactly why some of you are getting your order shipped when it said it would be at a later date. What you guys are looking at is the estimated delivery date, and not the shipping date. Obviously, it will be shipped before the delivery date. Hope that clears up some confusion.

EDIT:
Wait...What. My order got delayed 'til May 3rd as well, and I order on the same date as most people here (March 13th). I'm gonna call tomorrow to make sure, or else I'll probably cancel and get me some Miles Davis love. Or EQ7's if I can get over how ugly they look.

yo hyper, did you get the order number from goomba? I left a post on the GFC thread but he didn't reply me yet, i guess his really busy.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #409 of 467
for those of you on the fence over canceling your Dell order, read this from the latest edition of Playback Magazine. Although it's not specifically about the MTPC, it mentions where the Coppers fit in the Turbine range and gives a flattering first listen;

Quote:

Earlier today, I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with Head Monster Noel Lee to talk about Monster Cable’s headphone lineup in general and the Miles Davis model in particular. Here’s what I learned.

According to Lee, the standard Turbine is meant to establish a solid benchmark as a mid-priced headphone, while the upscale Turbine Pro Gold is intended as a significantly higher-end step-up model. In fact, he likened the sound of the Pro Gold to that of B&W’s popular 800-series loudspeakers (one of the most popular high-end speaker families of all time), observing that while the Pro Gold offered a good measure of accuracy, it also offers—in a very subtle way—a euphonic quality that flatters most types of music.

By contrast, Lee pointed out, both the Miles Davis Tribute model and Monster’s new Turbine Pro Copper models use somewhat different technology and are cut from different cloth, in that they strive to be extremely revealing—offering sufficiently high levels of resolution that they will make great recordings sound great and mediocre recordings sound, well, like what they are. Lee likened the sound of the Pro Copper headphones to that of very high performance electrostatic loudspeakers, such as the MartinLogan CLX. In short, both the Turbine Pro Copper and the Miles Davis Tribute model are tell-the-truth headphones that let sonic rough edges, if any, fall where they may. And that, in a nutshell, is pretty much exactly what I heard when plugging in the Miles Davis Tribute ‘phones for the first time.

While the Turbine Pro Copper and Miles Davis Tribute models share similar technology, they are not identical, in part because the Miles Davis model provides a slight, deliberate, and very well-judged touch of midrange forwardness, whereas the Pro Copper is the more textbook-neutral design. Lee explained that, great though Miles Davis’ and other classic jazz recordings from the 1950s are, they do not match (in terms of sheer midrange transparency and openness) the very best modern audiophile recordings. The Miles Davis Tribute model, with its oh-so-gentle touch of midrange emphasis, is meant to help make those classic jazz recordings come alive, yet without upsetting the overall balance and “vibe” that makes them so beautiful in the first place.

read the entire article here;

First Listen: Monster Cable Miles Davis Tribute In-Ear Headphones | AVguide

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #410 of 467
My tracking info is showing that the package was delivered to my mailbox at 9:20 this morning, so 4/1 was accurate! I'll be heading out to pick it up shortly.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #412 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(appears the shipment originated from Atlanta, GA on 3/31).

Interesting, I'm in north east and my shipment originated in CA
confused_face.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #415 of 467
Damn it...mine and everyone who ordered from GFC has to wait until May 3rd, even after calling it twice and getting confirmation. They said that it's most likely because we ordered in bulk (3 earphones), so they put less priority on us.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #417 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn it...mine and everyone who ordered from GFC has to wait until May 3rd, even after calling it twice and getting confirmation. They said that it's most likely because we ordered in bulk (3 earphones), so they put less priority on us.

lol lame... anyway did you try calling another number? i remember seeing someone in this thread said he called two numbers, one said it was delay another, the one sent in the email said it was shipped.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #418 of 467
yo hyper, when i check the order status, i click export i got an excel file and it shows the estimated delivery date to be 4/8/2010(updated) and order status: SHIPPED

so i guess its shipped? o.o

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #419 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yo hyper, when i check the order status, i click export i got an excel file and it shows the estimated delivery date to be 4/8/2010(updated) and order status: SHIPPED

so i guess its shipped? o.o

YES!!!
It says shipped for me too, that's awesome. **** yes.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #420 of 467
Just called Dell again, order remain in production, claims they have none in stock. I wonder if my luck has run out compared to everyone else. I still kept the order open, no idea why I'm not getting mine right now. Frustrating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back