DEAL ALERT: Monster Turbine Pro Copper @ Dell.com (NOW NOT AVAILABLE AS OF 3-17-10)
Mar 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #271 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What Dell does is they charge you an authorization charge. So they will charge you and take the money, and then the money will reappear in your bank. Then when the item actually ships, this time, they will charge you and keep the money. They do this because they want to make sure the funds are there when they end up charging you in the end because of the amount computers cost.

So for those of you seeing the funds "mysteriously" reappear in your bank/paypal just be aware it is not a cancellation but just a authorization charge and you will be given a final charge once the item does ship.

Edit: So Dell is out of stock atm? Does that mean I should definately call up Monster to replace these MTP Coppers I just bought?

yeh that happened to me. noticed 190 gone for a few days and now its back.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #272 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmantravis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When Dell called they said that I could cancel the order if I wanted, or I could wait for them to come back in stock.

I have NEVER seen them randomly cancel an order and I deal with them on almost a daily basis (on the business side). If for any reason they mess up or are out of stock, they will still honor your order and ship the headphones out to you once they come in.

EDIT: If the item does not get shipped after a certain number of days, the original authorization will drop from your bank account. Dell will then charge your account once the items ship.

I apologize if I have unecessarily alarmed people about Dell, as I don't have your experience with them. At the same time, for a company that has been in the internet order business for decades(?) and is in the technology business, their own order system is not one that inspires confidence and says a lot to me about their senior management!

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #273 of 467
this is the bad part about deals like this. after the intial stock runs out its a waiting game for the rest of you. you just have to be patient that you will eventually get your product. i remember when another iem that was heavily discounted was going on and i had to wait like a month or longer for them to ship :p

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #275 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lc483 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posting these on SlickDeals wasn't a great idea. Very few audiophiles there who wouldn't already be able to see this thread, and I'd bet that most of the sales coming from SlickDeals were just people looking to resell for a profit... I generally wouldn't care, but seeing as how there's a possibility those of us still waiting for our orders may not receive them at all, I'm a little bugged
cool.gif

For the record, that wasn't me. I only posted it here. I wanted Head-Fi to take advantage of it.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #276 of 467
Paynment is likely pending because they cannot ship yet - assuming your order was confirmed. If they cannot deliver on the MTP Coppers on confirmed orders, then they should substitute an equivalent product, i.e the Golds, at the same price.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #277 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the record, that wasn't me. I only posted it here. I wanted Head-Fi to take advantage of it.

I know, and I appreciate it very much!
k701smile.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #278 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paynment is likely pending because they cannot ship yet - assuming your order was confirmed. If they cannot deliver on the MTP Coppers on confirmed orders, then they should substitute an equivalent product, i.e the Golds, at the same price.

The Golds are lower on the food chain. That's a no go.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #279 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodvibes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Golds are lower on the food chain. That's a no go.

Seriously. They offer different models for a reason... I chose the Coppers, so that's what I expect in the mail. I'm so anxious and I feel lucky if I actually receive them.
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #280 of 467
Agreed goodvibes, i do not want the Golds. Only if Dell knew what the hell they were doing, there wouldn't be so many of us worried about cancelations. They should have a stock counter on there site that shows whats available after each sale, where it counts down the inventory until its gone,and it would probably save them and us a lot of hassel wondering if there in stock or not.

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #281 of 467
People are sure in a frenzy here. If you got your order in, I am sure you are good to go. Just keep in mind with my previous post. Dell does an authorization charge and then gives back your money. They will not officially take your money till the item ships.

Keep in mind at least 2 people here (me included) have received the IEMs already from this sale. Doubt they would ship some and cancel others.

Since it is out of stock, I guess I will be giving Monster a call for my replacements.

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #282 of 467
my paypal says pending and my order still says estimated delivery is april 2nd and i ordered on march 15th... im not slightly scared and also scared about a lot of negatives written about this iem now.

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #284 of 467
A credit card authorization does not actually take any money out of your account. It just "reserves" the funds and the credit card company applies it against your credit limit to make sure money is available when the charge posts. Typically a temporary authorization lasts about 3 days. Normally charges are not posted for non-special order items that are not in stock. I would not take the fact that you have not been charged as an indication one way or the other of whether Dell will ultimately fill the order.

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #285 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my paypal says pending and my order still says estimated delivery is april 2nd and i ordered on march 15th... im not slightly scared and also scared about a lot of negatives written about this iem now.

i wouldn't worry about that. the majority of those who owned them earlier have given this pretty good reviews. also with such deals like this one that is bound to happen. people buy it not knowing what to expect and it turns out it is something they don't like or they dont give it enough time before they sell it off. just wait till you get it and then form your own opinion. you may be surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back