DEAL ALERT: Monster Turbine Pro Copper @ Dell.com (NOW NOT AVAILABLE AS OF 3-17-10)
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #256 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChanSP1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow....how did you cancel your Dell order? It's almost impossible to cancel any order from them.

You're right, generally -you've obviously read their legal stuff! Below the ORDER DELAYED was the following:

Important Things to Know:
If you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order by emailing us at US_Dell_Notify@dell.com or by calling 1-877-868-3355

That doesn't change the fact that they are a very difficult company to deal with as a consumer ... as a corporate customer, likely the opposite.

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #257 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabulls3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, I ordered the MTPC on 3/12 and had an estimated 3/18 delivery date, but that was pushed to 3/1.

I just called Dell Support to confirm my order because they don't offer the MTPC anymore. Don't bother calling them because I received poor outsourced telephone support. I called the Order Status department and the most they could tell me is that they're currently out of stock and they're waiting for another shipment. Then, I was transferred to sales. I asked them why the MTPC weren't on Dell.com's product page anymore and to confirm my order status.

After waiting literally 5 minutes, he tells me they're backordered and tries to sell me the Golds and told me they're cheaper than the Coppers. I knew this was not true.

So, whoever ordered the Coppers before today should still be receiving theirs. Hmm... Why would Sales try selling the Gold's saying they're cheaper than the Copper's when I bought them for $174.99 vs Golds $279.99. Did Dell made an error? I'll be pissed if they cancel my order because I wanted clarification and confirmation of my order.

they wont cancel orders priced at 175.

since theyve already shipped and delivered to other customers at that price, i doubt it was a pricing mistake. and even if it was, it seems like theyre following thru and delivering to customers at that price.

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #258 of 467
max pl;6486349 said:
they wont cancel orders priced at 175.

Maybe that's the case for free shipping, but I had specified 24 hr. shipping and they didn't advise me of the delay until March 16th, the expected delivery date. But your point supports my earlier comments about Dell. You have to decide if you want to deal with a company that takes a very, very hard line, albeit legal, with their customers. It's not a business model IMO that encourages repeat business.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #260 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan.d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year Dell cancelled my order of a Nokia cellphone which is on sale and back ordered. So, I think they do cancel orders.

Well, that's good to hear, and I hope they take the same position on these orders, where people want to cancel. I don't want to be spending time myself next week on calls to their management, if they don't follow through with my cancellation.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #261 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan.d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year Dell cancelled my order of a Nokia cellphone which is on sale and back ordered. So, I think they do cancel orders.

Hmm, with your request? Or they just randomly canceled? I think some of us who ordered the MTPC are worried they might cancel this shipment on us, especially after taking down the link to the MTPC..

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #262 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChanSP1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dell removes coppers from the webpage. No more $175 coppers.
angry_face.gif

Wow. Had to know it wouldn't last forever.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #263 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by lc483 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, with your request? Or they just randomly canceled? I think some of us who ordered the MTPC are worried they might cancel this shipment on us, especially after taking down the link to the MTPC..

That would suck if they canceled my order. My account still says 4-1 for delivery date but my status still says in production. After reading all the posts posted here the last couple days , i will never order from dell for anything again. Seems that they have terrible support for consumers.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #265 of 467
ElevenBee, I'm assuming that was you defending the Coppers @Sickdeals. Good job! These are fantastic headphones, IMHO. Some of those people were very closed minded in their posts.

I'm astonished as everyone else that Monster actually made a good sounding headphone. The fact that some of us could grab these at the price we did was amazing.

I have to admit though, I would not have paid full retail for these. Yes they are good, but after I paid full price for Shure SE530 and was disappointed, I wouldn't have touched the Coppers at a similar price.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #266 of 467
Posting these on SlickDeals wasn't a great idea. Very few audiophiles there who wouldn't already be able to see this thread, and I'd bet that most of the sales coming from SlickDeals were just people looking to resell for a profit... I generally wouldn't care, but seeing as how there's a possibility those of us still waiting for our orders may not receive them at all, I'm a little bugged
cool.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #267 of 467
What Dell does is they charge you an authorization charge. So they will charge you and take the money, and then the money will reappear in your bank. Then when the item actually ships, this time, they will charge you and keep the money. They do this because they want to make sure the funds are there when they end up charging you in the end because of the amount computers cost.

So for those of you seeing the funds "mysteriously" reappear in your bank/paypal just be aware it is not a cancellation but just a authorization charge and you will be given a final charge once the item does ship.

Edit: So Dell is out of stock atm? Does that mean I should definately call up Monster to replace these MTP Coppers I just bought?

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #268 of 467
When Dell called they said that I could cancel the order if I wanted, or I could wait for them to come back in stock.

I have NEVER seen them randomly cancel an order and I deal with them on almost a daily basis (on the business side). If for any reason they mess up or are out of stock, they will still honor your order and ship the headphones out to you once they come in.

EDIT: If the item does not get shipped after a certain number of days, the original authorization will drop from your bank account. Dell will then charge your account once the items ship.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #269 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmantravis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When Dell called they said that I could cancel the order if I wanted, or I could wait for them to come back in stock.

I have NEVER seen them randomly cancel an order and I deal with them on almost a daily basis (on the business side). If for any reason they mess up or are out of stock, they will still honor your order and ship the headphones out to you once they come in.

That's good to hear
smile.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #270 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElevenBee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
check with your bank. the authorization hold for dell has vanished from my checking account. I ordered late afternoon Friday March 12th to anyone that's curious.

My order hasn't been canceled on the order status page but I have, in essence, been given a "refund" of sorts. The merchant could of course just charge me if/when it ships but based on my experience with dell, order cancellation may be forthcoming

I used paypal, so i guess i'll check my PP account to see if i got my refund. i didn't order mine until Sunday the 14th so i'm guessing i'm on the chopping blocks for a possible cancellation.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back