DEAL ALERT. MONSTER TURBINE $58.99
Nov 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #122 of 195
Ok, I'm just going to keep them as they are. I'll give them a bit of a listen now and then let them burn in afterwards.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #124 of 195
Ok, I gave them a quick listen...and wow, they lived up to the hype. These have amazing tight bass and good clarity. Of course they're not as clear as my UE-700s, but they strike an amazing balance in clarity AND dynamic deep bass. BUT, I must tell you, once I removed the eartips off of my UE-700s and put them on the Monsters Turbine, the sound went to a WHOLE better level!  WOW!  Great fit plus great sound, equals nirvana! I took a pic of the UE-700's tips on the Monster's. I'm very pleased with these. But for them to sound their best, you have to have good eartips on them. The stock tips aren't that good; they're too soft.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #126 of 195
As you can tell, it's a small opening on the tip, but for me it doesn't affect the sound in a bad way. Actually, the sound got much better. I believe it's because it sets deeper in the ear canal and provides a tighter seal which makes the sound more focused and balanced.

Quote:
could you post a pic of the front or tell me if the tips have a large enough bore to not cover the filter. 

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #127 of 195
I actually like the mushroom tips that came with them, though they're not ideal for me when I'm at the gym.  I called Monster today and talked to somebody about getting a pair of foam tips.  Know what the guy told me?  The foam tips come with their $400 headphones, not the phones I bought, though I could buy a set for $40 or buy their sampler for $29 that has both foam and gel.  I told him no thanks and sent them an email instead, hoping to get a different response.

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #128 of 195

Quote:
I actually like the mushroom tips that came with them, though they're not ideal for me when I'm at the gym.  I called Monster today and talked to somebody about getting a pair of foam tips.  Know what the guy told me?  The foam tips come with their $400 headphones, not the phones I bought, though I could buy a set for $40 or buy their sampler for $29 that has both foam and gel.  I told him no thanks and sent them an email instead, hoping to get a different response.

not being a smart arse...but good luck getting a response to your email, last time I got one, they told me to call them by tele

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #131 of 195
Using a pair of eartips that came with my old Nuforce earphones, the great sound quality remained the same, except they were a bit louder (I guess due to the larger openings, duh!). These tips are comparable to the fit and seal of my UE-700 tips. So after trying both out, I recommend trying out eartips from any Nuforce earphones, or maybe even Sennheiser earphones since they both fit about the same and have the larger opening. Below is a pic of the Turbines with the Nuforce eartips.

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #133 of 195

Quote:
Quote:

not being a smart arse...but good luck getting a response to your email, last time I got one, they told me to call them by tele

Well, I got my reply from Monster today.  I wonder if anyone ever actually gets a real reply through email?

[size=11pt]Hello, [/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]We apologize for the inconvenience, to better assist you please contact our customer technical support 877-800-8989. [/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Our hours of operation are from 7:30am - 5:00pm PST. Mon. - Fri.[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Thank you,[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Customer Technical Support[/size]

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #134 of 195
58.99 was too much for these phones. People who like these, get your ears checked or get experience with better phones. I dont understand how MSRP was like $150. If you like the sound signature go with the panasonic HJE900. Similar signature but better quality. Couldnt bare to listen without EQ and they dont respond well to EQ.

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #135 of 195

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I got my reply from Monster today.  I wonder if anyone ever actually gets a real reply through email?

[size=11pt]Hello, [/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]We apologize for the inconvenience, to better assist you please contact our customer technical support 877-800-8989. [/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Our hours of operation are from 7:30am - 5:00pm PST. Mon. - Fri.[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Thank you,[/size]
[size=11pt] [/size]
[size=11pt]Customer Technical Support[/size]

wow, that guy must be a robot, or a copy and paste-er...exact same reply I got last time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back