DEAL ALERT-Ipod 5 Generation $140
Aug 28, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #92 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn, for some reason I cannot Rockbox it. I'm getting an error message that the iPod cannot be opened by the Rockbox loader app.

Oh well, I'll just run it normally (with ALAC files). Still not a bad price for something to carry around *a bunch* of lossless albums and have near reference quality (with an LOD and amp).

Did you put the .rockbox folder into the Ipod or did you just drag the folder that gets upzipped?

When I did the unzipped folder it gave me an error! cannot find .rockbox

So I took the .rockbox folder IN the unzipped folder and put it on the ipod... worked out fine.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #93 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you put the .rockbox folder into the Ipod or did you just drag the folder that gets upzipped?

When I did the unzipped folder it gave me an error! cannot find .rockbox

So I took the .rockbox folder IN the unzipped folder and put it on the ipod... worked out fine.

I believe so but at this point I probably won't fool with it any more. They don't make it that easy on Mac. Plus it didn't say the .rockbox couldn't be found, it said the device itself couldn't be found.

Aug 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #94 of 101
actually it is that easy on a mac; just unzip to the root level of the ipod, install the bootloader; done

Aug 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #95 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually it is that easy on a mac; just unzip to the root level of the ipod, install the bootloader; done

When I unzip the folder and look at it, it's nothing inside, zero items. Is that normal?

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #96 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I unzip the folder and look at it, it's nothing inside, zero items. Is that normal?

Weird... this is the same problem I had... I had to do it on my PC to see the files and make it work.

Also... does anyone know a good case for this? Can I fit on the speck toughskin that's made for the ipod classic?

Please recommend
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #97 of 101
It's an issue with the Mac OS (and Linux) not displaying a folder starting with a period (.).

In this case, it's ".rockbox".

Just unzip it onto the ipod and trust it's there.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #99 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also... does anyone know a good case for this? Can I fit on the speck toughskin that's made for the ipod classic?

Please recommend
smily_headphones1.gif

Cousin has one of these, VERY nice, I like the magnetic hold down versus velcro on the Griffin below:
http://www.amazon.com/DLO-PodFolio-L...675691&sr=1-36

Try your local Best Buy for these first...I found mine for $8.99. It was on a close-out end cap in the Mp3 player case section:
Amazon.com: Griffin Elan Convertible Leather Flip-Top Case for 80/120/160 GB iPod classic 6G (Embossed Black): Electronics

Aug 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #100 of 101
I ordered the DLO HipCase for my 5.5, it's on the way. Thanks for the info just the same. Listening to "The Wall" as I type.

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #101 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buy.com is all out.

Anybody purchased from Laptop Brokers before?

Here is their reseller rating.

Sounds like a pretty good deal from Laptop Broker, but that reseller rating has no ratings on them that I can see.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?? DUnno. Ipod price is cheap enough though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back