*DEAL ALERT* Etymotic Research HF2 hf2 RUBY from J&R
Oct 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Yggdrassilious

500+ Head-Fier
For the weekend only, J&R is selling the Etymotic Research HF2 hf2s in Ruby red color. 

Price: $109.99!!!

(I have no clue about if shipping is free or some nomical fee like $6.99 because I am still deciding if I wanted these, I heard they are quite fragile and easy to break. But they are also about 90% as good as the ER4P. Thoughts, fellow head-fiers? Are these a good deal??!!)

This price was given in a flyer that I received in the mail along with the Coby Jammerz Platinum I bought (Thanks to whoever it was that did a comparison review of a zillion IEMs which recommended the value of these)

The flyer shows:
Reg. $139.99
SAVE $30
$109.99

HOWEVER

*If you go onto their website, the J&R website will display these headphones for $179.99.*

So here is what you do to get the $109.99 price:

1) Call in their sales department to speak to a sales representative. 800-806-1115
2) Give them the model number: ETY ER23HF2RU
3) They will tell you the current price is $139.99
4) Mention something about the flyer having promotion of $30 off. 
5) They will (and did when I called) honor the price of $109.99

To make sure this works, I did a test call, and spoke with Sales agent Alex, extension 1023. He said I could have that price but have to pay with credit card over the phone. That's when I backed out and came here to post this!

One last thing, this price is for the weekend only!!!

Thoughts, people? Is this a good deal? Are they as fragile as some amazon.com reviews claim? Do ER have good customer service for warranty claims? (Are they as simple as Shure where you just send them in and they send you new ones?) 

Let me know so I can decide if I will snatch one up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back