Deal Alert: Altec Lansing UHP336 $35
Jun 28, 2009 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

TedwardRoberts

100+ Head-Fier
Searched and haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... get your UE on for cheap! No idea how long this lasts.

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics

If this isn't the place to post this, is a repost, or what have you, feel free to flame!
popcorn.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 25
Altec Lansings are on their way (well they will be shipped Monday)!

-Nkk
ksc75smile.gif
<--Closest thing I could find to an AL336 smile

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Altec Lansings are on their way (well they will be shipped Monday)!

-Nkk
ksc75smile.gif
<--Closest thing I could find to an AL336 smile

Me to!
k701smile.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 25
price has been fluctuating between 70 and 40 in the last month.
It's back to $35 again.

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedwardRoberts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Searched and haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... get your UE on for cheap! No idea how long this lasts.

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics

If this isn't the place to post this, is a repost, or what have you, feel free to flame!
popcorn.gif

Thanks. When I went to Altec's site I can't find these "upgrader" series with their links on their pages. I had to google UHP336, then click one of the Altec results that comes up. Are these that new Altec hasn't added them to the site yet? I may be interested since they really are Plantronics and I've had good stuff from them before.

Aug 2, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 25
I was under the impression that they were repbranded UE Super.fi 3. In fact, I have seen a lot of people say they are.

-Nkk

Aug 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under the impression that they were repbranded UE Super.fi 3. In fact, I have seen a lot of people say they are.

-Nkk

That is absolutely true, but I have read on numerous occasions that the Altec Lansing version is more bassy and less detailed than the original UE-branded SF3's.

I don't know why the above poster decided they were plantronics (or that plantronics makes good headphones).

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think most of you that buy these will be very disappointed. Prepare for dark and boomy sound signature and lots and lots of hiss out of your portable player.

I'll sign my name to this as well as I couldn't have put it better myself. Mine went straight back to amazon after a week and a half.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 25
I still have mine unfortunately. I got them on sale so it's not worth the effort to return them.

However you can use a resistor adapter to kill two birds with one stone. Remove the hiss and change the sound signature. It will change them to sound a bit more like the er6i. More mids focused and balanced.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

I still have mine unfortunately. I got them on sale so it's not worth the effort to return them.

However you can use a resistor adapter to kill two birds with one stone. Remove the hiss and change the sound signature. It will change them to sound a bit more like the er6i. More mids focused and balanced.

I tried them with my 68-ohm adapter and with a Shure inline attenuator, and they certainly kill the hiss, but neither of those should be a necessity with $35 earphones that come so.. erm.. "highly recommended". They defintely are not bang-for-the buck if you need a $20 acessory to make them bearable imo. In any case the 336's still sounded a bit harsh and the bass wasn't clean enough for my liking. Sorry that you're stuck with yours
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 25
I am very happy with these IEM's.

I have both these and my WestOne 3.

Not trying to start an argument, just want to say, that for 35 bucks, these really knock my socks off.

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

I think most of you that buy these will be very disappointed. Prepare for dark and boomy sound signature and lots and lots of hiss out of your portable player.

+2

I actually hate listening to them after my ety hf5. From what I had heard they would be a somewhat less resolved and defined soundsig, but at 1/3 the price and for knocking around, what would I expect? Needless to say, I was less than happy with what I got. And then people said that the real bass came after burn in. Right. Like that would ever happen, or that it needed any more bass to add to its cannon-in-a-cavern boomy bass.

-Nkk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back