Deaf or blind?
Feb 22, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 18
How would you experience an awesome hi fi getup when you're deaf?

My two cents..

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 18
While I would prefer neither, if I had to choose I would go with deaf. I don't think I could deal with being blind.

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 18
While I think it would be terrible to go deaf, I could still survive.

I wouldn't want to live if I went blind completely. It'd be a sense of loss, a HUGE loss - there is nothing more beautiful in this world than colors, and to lose it all would be one of the worst things I could think about happening to me.

Feb 22, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill
they can fix blindness, just look at Stevie Wonder

Isn't he still blind? Though I suppose it probably is true that it's more likely you'll get your site back than it is your hearing.

If I knew I'd lose it forever... I'd probably choose to go deaf, unless it was a Daredevil deal and I had a radar sense to compensate for the blindness. Anyway, we use our eyes so much more it seems. It would be much harder to just function...

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 18
Again, would rather be neither but being deaf would be the 'preferred' option. Not being able to see anything is a hard thought without a doubt. I seriously couldn't deal with that. Just makes us all think not to ever take these things for granted.

Feb 22, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #13 of 18
I'd choose deaf on one ear and being blind on one eye
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #14 of 18
I feel *very* sorry for blind people or people with sight disability.

I don't think it's right or ethical to make fun of them. I understand this thread is only a light discussion and doesn't intend to offend anybody, but it gets real close to borderline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back