Dead left channel on my millet amp: repair options?
Jun 12, 2006 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Hi All,

The left channel finally bit the bullet. It's been acting up for the last few months (intermittant scratchy noise), but it finally went out about a week ago. I tried contacting the original builder but he went MIA (no email response, no head-fi activity since March)) and his last feedback has left me the impression that I shouldn't deal with him. Is there anyone I can turn to to check this out and quote me a price to repair it? Thanks!

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 4
23 reads and no replies...interesting.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Where in the world are you? If it's economical for you I'd be happy to take a look at the amp for you and see what I can do. As far as quoting a price goes I'd only as that you pay for shipping and any parts that I need to use. My labor is free since it doesn't come with any sort of guarantee
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, based on your description it might be wise to try swapping the tubes and see if the problem goes with it. Sounds like you just may have a blown tube. It may still light up like it's working but not actually be doing anything.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss this further or have other questions.

Nate

Jun 13, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Where in the world are you? If it's economical for you I'd be happy to take a look at the amp for you and see what I can do. As far as quoting a price goes I'd only as that you pay for shipping and any parts that I need to use. My labor is free since it doesn't come with any sort of guarantee
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, based on your description it might be wise to try swapping the tubes and see if the problem goes with it. Sounds like you just may have a blown tube. It may still light up like it's working but not actually be doing anything.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss this further or have other questions.

Nate

pm sent, oops, I updated my location info, thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back