DEAD HUGO WHAT TO DO?
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Christer

Headphoneus Supremus
 I have an urgent question regarding HUGO!
What to do when it dies on you?
I just landed in KL this morning and wanted to listen to some music after a month of work.
My HUGO just flashes a red light and does not even work when plugged in.
I have an old 15" MBP with  a batttery that has been dead for years, back home but it still works when  plugged into the wall.
Why the HECK DOESN`T HUGO DO SO too???????
IS there anyone here who knows if the battery can be replaced in KUALA LUMPUR or Singapore?
OR does one have to send one´s HUGO to the UK for battery  replacement?
 IF SO,THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!
If that is the case I will stay clear of CHORD PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE.
HUGO at its best is a good DAC but I have had other problems with it RF/EMI and other SQ issues too.
I say again if it has to be sent to Britain for battery change, the product has a MAJOR DESIGN FAULT !!!!

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Please do READ or SEARCH IN the mega-thread about Hugo. Mr. Rob Watts does EXPLAIN about the PROTECTION Hugo has concerning power/battery life! Don't know anymore how to solve (something about pushing on buttons when powering on), but it's in :wink:! For sure you can solve it...

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 6
  Please do READ or SEARCH IN the mega-thread about Hugo. Mr. Rob Watts does EXPLAIN about the PROTECTION Hugo has concerning power/battery life! Don't know anymore how to solve (something about pushing on buttons when powering on), but it's in :wink:! For sure you can solve it...

Thanks for your advice. I managed to revive it with a full overnight charge again and hope it works properly again.
But it would be VERY useful to  actually know if one has to send it all the way to England for batttery changes?
As a customer having  paid roughly 1500€ for my HUGO I actually expect it to work faultlessly for years and years without any  serious issues or high costs and inconvenience of sending it to the UK for service involved.

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 6
I have an urgent question regarding HUGO!
What to do when it dies on you?
I just landed in KL this morning and wanted to listen to some music after a month of work.
My HUGO just flashes a red light and does not even work when plugged in.
I have an old 15" MBP with a batttery that has been dead for years, back home but it still works when plugged into the wall.
Why the HECK DOESN`T HUGO DO SO too???????
IS there anyone here who knows if the battery can be replaced in KUALA LUMPUR or Singapore?
OR does one have to send one´s HUGO to the UK for battery replacement?
IF SO,THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!
If that is the case I will stay clear of CHORD PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE.
HUGO at its best is a good DAC but I have had other problems with it RF/EMI and other SQ issues too.
I say again if it has to be sent to Britain for battery change, the product has a MAJOR DESIGN FAULT !!!!

I have a Chord Hugo and noticed recently that the white charging light is continually flashing it's been on charge now for 5 + hours and still flashing away.
I played the Hugo for about 15 mins then left in switched on but it seemed to go dead again. I have left it switched off and on charge for the last 5 hours still flashing.
I use it as a permanent DAC and continually on charge however I knock out the charged by accident last night but the Hugo was switch off.
Advice or any experience of thus please.
Any help would be appreciated

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #5 of 6
I have a Chord Hugo and noticed recently that the white charging light is continually flashing it's been on charge now for 5 + hours and still flashing away.
I played the Hugo for about 15 mins then left in switched on but it seemed to go dead again. I have left it switched off and on charge for the last 5 hours still flashing.
I use it as a permanent DAC and continually on charge however I knock out the charged by accident last night but the Hugo was switch off.
Advice or any experience of thus please.
Any help would be appreciated

As far as I now dead battery = dead HUGO!
And for all I know it will have to be sent to Chord for a new battery at owners cost.
At least they have solved that imho major mistake with HUGO 2.
But I never got any response from Chord whatsoever regarding this. I think they find it a bit embarrassing to admit such a major drawback in such an expensive product as HUGO.
Or do they consider people complaining about it a nuisance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back