DDC / USB bridge recommendations for android / iPhone
Apr 5, 2023 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

canadiandude

Head-Fier
Hi, I really only need support for 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
16-24Bit spdif over RCA

I am considering the SMSL PO100 PRO as the current top contender. Wondering if I'm missing anything.

I am seeing clock quality is to be considered and now with i2s many more formats are supported so in the $60 range it seems like there are a few contenders in this price category.

Products I've looked at:
Douk Audio U2
Douk Audio U2 PRO
SMSL PO100 PRO
SMSL PO100 AK (only considering as it has a DAC for $20 more)
Topping D10s

It seemed like the Douk Audio U2 (not PRO) fit the bill and seemed to be a decent unit over similarly priced products on AliExpress were I initially started looking for something inexpensive

Then I was reading about all the issues people were having with the clock on the Douk Audio U2 PRO and I wasn't sure if this was also applicable to the non-PRO unit.

I read about the SMSL PO100 PRO and this seems like a superior option, I just may have missed it initially because it appears to be newer.

I also saw the Topping D10s mentioned and it seems like it's a pricier option, yet I haven't seen any comparisons between the SMSL and the Topping.

I'm not seeing anything here supporting lighting

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 2
Although I haven't used it with a phone, SMSL PO100 PRO is a decent performer; however, the Coax output appears to be quite low, at least, in comparison to the 0.6V p-p I'm used to from my transport and being bus-powered, it'll have a noticeable impact on battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back