DD Audio DXB-04 (Appreciation Thread)
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 30
@PinkyPowers @Hawaiibadboy I've been trying to do some research on these headphones, love the look of them. Read over on /r/headphones that these are oem e-smooth drivers and was wondering if you guys could shed some light whether the drivers are actually tuned by DD and made in the USA like they claim for all their products. The headband looks exactly the same as a Symphonized wraith as well and those are rebranded e-smooths.

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #17 of 30
@PinkyPowers @Hawaiibadboy I've been trying to do some research on these headphones, love the look of them. Read over on /r/headphones that these are oem e-smooth drivers and was wondering if you guys could shed some light whether the drivers are actually tuned by DD and made in the USA like they claim for all their products. The headband looks exactly the same as a Symphonized wraith as well and those are rebranded e-smooths.

I took out the drivers and tried 3 other types and they all sounded really bad. The drivers appear to have been tuned by them as they claimed.
I put 4 watts steady into them and pounded them with bass switches and EQ boosts and got no distortion unlike the other drivers.
Without and EQ they sound like monitor headphones. NOTHING sounds emphasized. Very responsive to EQ is you want more or less anything.

Highly rec'd for a crazy $99 price.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 30
I took out the drivers and tried 3 other types and they all sounded really bad. The drivers appear to have been tuned by them as they claimed.
I put 4 watts steady into them and pounded them with bass switches and EQ boosts and got no distortion unlike the other drivers.
Without and EQ they sound like monitor headphones. NOTHING sounds emphasized. Very responsive to EQ is you want more or less anything.

Highly rec'd for a crazy $99 price.
I shall give them a shot. I also wanted to ask if you removed the foam covering the drivers and if it improves the mids/highs in any way?

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 30
I would be worried about removing the dampers. The sound is already so clear and detailed, it may turn harsh without them.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 30
20171119_153150_001[1].jpg

20171119_153038_001[1].jpg

I swapped pads. Same sound better comfort

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #27 of 30
How are the isolation and cable microphonics on these? Thinking about picking up a pair for primarily mobile use.

Isolation is good not block out the world level but pretty good. Stock cable is fine. My balanced cable has bad bad microphonics. gonna get one done by Peterek like i shoulda.

This set is amazing for the price.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #28 of 30
I'm of the opinion isolation is quite poor. By far the worst I've had from any over-ear headphone.

If that's a priority for you, these may not be the best option.

With the stock cable, microphonics isn't terrible, but there is some.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 30
After a year of use these still being rec'd?

May 6, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #30 of 30
What are the pads to get for these? I got these headphones last week. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back