DCS Lina stack with Susvara- Can Lina Amp do it Justice?
May 6, 2024 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TDHEAD

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

There is so much discussion on Susvara, justified INHO I might add. It's beyond terrific. For the next chain I want to put together the best Susvara chain I can manage. To me a great Susvara chain would be like having the Warwick Aperio (which IMO is one of the best overall sound experiences I have heard on so many levels but unfortunately to my ears can sound clinical or sterile at times.............I think Susvara can plug that gap and still be close to Aperio in overall quality of sound. with more musical bottom end how could you go wrong go with either.

To that end the Lina stack which I also love is a great TOTL system. Match made in Heaven with AB 1266. But what about Susvara????? It can for sure DRIVE the Susvara.(play loud).....but does it show all the Susvara can be????

I'm torn and would love too hear your experiences from anyone who has tried this. I read very mixed reviews both from audio reviewers and just us people.......... Is the Lina amp overlooked because of the not so impressive "Stats" not a powerhouse by any means, which almost 100% of Susvara owners say is an absolute necessity!

Others find it just right for Susvara?

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 12
The first time I heard Susvara, it was HiFiBuys in Atlanta, on a DCS Lina stack. I didn't have much to reference to, but I also heard Utopia 2022 as an A/B test. As an owner of the Utopia + TT2 and also having heard the Susvara with my TT2, here are some thoughts on the Lina:
  • The Lina sounded fuller than the TT2 with both Susvara as well as the Utopia, but had a greater impact on the Utopia, probably due to the Utopia's sensitivity
  • Lina + Susvara sounded pretty neutral across the FR, with no noticeable lean
  • I don't know if the Lina stack sounded $30K better than other things I've heard, but again I had no frame of reference at the point because it was still very early in my audiophile journey

May 6, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 12
sub lina for wa33 elite, done

I asked this and received this recommendation, never looked back

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 12
The first time I heard Susvara, it was HiFiBuys in Atlanta, on a DCS Lina stack. I didn't have much to reference to, but I also heard Utopia 2022 as an A/B test. As an owner of the Utopia + TT2 and also having heard the Susvara with my TT2, here are some thoughts on the Lina:
  • The Lina sounded fuller than the TT2 with both Susvara as well as the Utopia, but had a greater impact on the Utopia, probably due to the Utopia's sensitivity
  • Lina + Susvara sounded pretty neutral across the FR, with no noticeable lean
  • I don't know if the Lina stack sounded $30K better than other things I've heard, but again I had no frame of reference at the point because it was still very early in my audiophile journey
Thank you for your reply

May 8, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 12
For the Susvara specifically, I would absolutely look to get an amp known for driving them properly (not at all saying it has to be the most expensive either).

May 10, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #7 of 12
Hi,

There is so much discussion on Susvara, justified INHO I might add. It's beyond terrific. For the next chain I want to put together the best Susvara chain I can manage. To me a great Susvara chain would be like having the Warwick Aperio (which IMO is one of the best overall sound experiences I have heard on so many levels but unfortunately to my ears can sound clinical or sterile at times.............I think Susvara can plug that gap and still be close to Aperio in overall quality of sound. with more musical bottom end how could you go wrong go with either.

To that end the Lina stack which I also love is a great TOTL system. Match made in Heaven with AB 1266. But what about Susvara????? It can for sure DRIVE the Susvara.(play loud).....but does it show all the Susvara can be????

I'm torn and would love too hear your experiences from anyone who has tried this. I read very mixed reviews both from audio reviewers and just us people.......... Is the Lina amp overlooked because of the not so impressive "Stats" not a powerhouse by any means, which almost 100% of Susvara owners say is an absolute necessity!

Others find it just right for Susvara?
Im trying the HiFiman Prelude as a pair with Susvara, Line Dac and Clock in the chain. I'll post my impressions next week after receiving the unit, fingers crossed I found a Susvara complement solution.......

May 12, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Grab a Riviera AIC-10. Call it a day.

Don't forget to add some Snake River Audio Mamushi interconnects too. They matter a lot at this level as well

May 12, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 12
I listened to Lina and Bartok Apex at CanJam. Bartok was the more compelling offer.

May 12, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 12
Lina amp is such a cheap build for what they want, I would look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back