DCC2 + CDSD
Aug 25, 2006 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone,

This is for those lucky people who have an electrostatic setup and a very hi end source. I have the option of acquiring the EMM Labs DCC2 + CDSD combo, I currently have an HEV90, but will shortly have an ES-1. If anyone can give me some advice that would be much appreciated. Else, I'll likely take the plunge...

we audiophiles are a crazed sort.

Neil

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 8
neil, i am very interested in this as well. i only know of bozebuttons (tom) who has an es-1 and a dac6(e?) and cdsd.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 8
I had full Sennheiser Orpheus system (HEV90 and HE90) hooked up to a CDSD and DCC2 for awhile. None of which are around anymore unfortunately. There isn't much advice to give on the setup. Go for it. To this date, the EMM Labs gear is the best source I've ever heard bar none. It's been tough going back to the Meridian G08.

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
See my profile for my past sources. Been through quite a few.

Was there any particular reason why you sold the EMMLabs/Orpheus system? That would've been one of the best headphone systems money can possibly buy. The G08 should sound quite a bit worse!

Also, why do you keep the Naim CD5i? I have compared the CD5i to the G08 and IMO, the G08 is in a completely different league, musically and detail-wise. The CDX2/XPS2 or the CDS3/XPS2 would've been a better match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back