DC05 A single ended dual DAC converter for computer, phone or other devices. New firmware and Downloads!
Dec 14, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #106 of 135
attention - parody: You may buy, one after the other, the DC07 (expected by me early 2022), DC09 (...late 2022), DC11 (...early 2023). Each of them, step by step, will lift you "on a whole new level":sweat_smile:
Currently waiting for Tin Hifi T3 Plus to arrive and should i get same results with it probably will look to sell my DC05 and buy something more warm or at least neutral instead... Watching closely for Questyle M12 as my next level dongle dac before buying serious 1k+ dap next year.

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #107 of 135
Currently waiting for Tin Hifi T3 Plus to arrive and should i get same results with it probably will look to sell my DC05 and buy something more warm or at least neutral instead... Watching closely for Questyle M12 as my next level dongle dac before buying serious 1k+ dap next year.
Is dc03 more neutral sounding compared to a dc05?

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #108 of 135
Dec 21, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #109 of 135
Is it possible ibasso DC line can replace PCIe desktop audio cards? like from Creative/Asus/EVGA?

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #110 of 135
Can anybody compare the DC05 with the DC02, especially in terms of power/volume output?

(I've been having problems with Chesky records. Volume is already maxed out & yet, still can't get to acceptable listening levels with some of my iems. [Just mentioned this as a baseline in case anyone has chesky files with them.])

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #111 of 135
Can anybody compare the DC05 with the DC02, especially in terms of power/volume output?

(I've been having problems with Chesky records. Volume is already maxed out & yet, still can't get to acceptable listening levels with some of my iems. [Just mentioned this as a baseline in case anyone has chesky files with them.])
I think the DC05 has a little more power the volume are about the same, no issues.

Jan 9, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #114 of 135
I have a DC05 on the way. Didn't want to spend a lot on a portable DAC for my new Samsung and this one seemed to offer good bang for buck.

That being said, my intention was to use Tidal with this. Did I read someone say there are issues with Tidal?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #115 of 135
Hey there guys, first time poster on the forum!
Just received mine the other day, been listening to music with a smile on my face since then. :)

I've tried it out with my Audio-Technica MSR7 (previously i've been using a FIIO X3II for it <- that lacks power to fully drive it), now i'm using my Samsung S20 (Exynos) + DC05 - the sound is astonishing, its just so crystal clear and dynamic. I've been using the generic Samsung Type-C jack before, but thats just uncomparable to this little wonder. And even for MSR7 i need to lower the volume in the app of it 'cause this DC05 can drive it really so powerfully it feels unreal.

For on-the-go (passing by in the city) I'm driving a little JBL Tune 110 with it (like the mids&highs and its dynamic bass response), and now I can't believe how different sound characteristic this little device gives even to this basic earplug!

Easily one of the best purchases of this year for me. :top::top::top:

To have some even more positive remarks:
- works flawlessly with S20, no hacks needed (I was a little bit worried before ordering it, because I read that previous owners of the older generation DC03 were complaining about the phone not recognizing it correctly) - this model works instantly with S20
- I was trying it with Spotify and Tidal so far, both works properly without any problems
- also tried it as a DAC with my PC - works out of the box, installing the driver itself
- upgraded the firmware to the Nov22 version (click here: https://ibasso.com/dc05/), was easy and went without problems (just needed to connect it to the PC beforehands)

To be honest, i did not even imagine such tools (DAC+AMP for phone) exists and just read about these things few days ago (been reading some articles about this and the SoundMagic as well, but this one came out to be the winner for me after checking the specs and the extra app), before I always hated Samsung (and other phone manufacturers) for ditching the good ol' jack, but now i dont want the jack output to be back anymore... theres just no point to it.

Question to you guys: what do you think, what kind of earplug would be an improvement over the JBL T110 for just carry&go in the city or for transportation, mostly for EDM and electronic music? For acoustic stuff and when i really want to focus and enjoy listening I always have my MSR7, but I wonder if theres anything better than the JBL im using for that purpose.
(I also have a Sony MDREX650-APT and a Sony MDR XB50AP and an AKG, but out of these I prefer the sound of the T110 because of its dynamic bass and detailness - MDREX650 definitely sounds better in terms of mids and highs, but it lacks bass and sub-bass).
Interesting that you have found the dongle to work fine with Tidal on the S20. I use with an S21 and whilst Tidal streams audio to the device, I am unable to control the volume without using the UAC app, which I don't like. Using the DAC with UAPP, and streaming Tidal on there, there are no problems and hardware volume buttons work fine.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #116 of 135
Well, the DC05 went back today. Worked for around a week before becoming very intermittent, would keep refusing to connect with some odd light behaviour, worse on Android but happened with Mac OS as well. Flashing new firmware did not fix. A shame.

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #117 of 135
Well, the DC05 went back today. Worked for around a week before becoming very intermittent, would keep refusing to connect with some odd light behaviour, worse on Android but happened with Mac OS as well. Flashing new firmware did not fix. A shame.
Wow, that is too bad. I use mine often, great sound, no issues but things happen.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #119 of 135
If you're looking for a high quality Dongle DAC AMP that works with all Android phones, then IBasso Audio DC05 might be your answer! The highlights of this one are low power consumption, but good ergonomics, good driving power, a detailed and pleasing sound! Comparisons, pairings and more in my full written review on DC05~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/ibasso-dc05-dac-amp-dongle-power-for-androids.html

iBasso-DC-05-DAC-AMP-Digital-Analogue-Converter-Dongle-USB-Type-C-Balanced-Review-Audiophile-H...jpg

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #120 of 135
If you're looking for a high quality Dongle DAC AMP that works with all Android phones, then IBasso Audio DC05 might be your answer! The highlights of this one are low power consumption, but good ergonomics, good driving power, a detailed and pleasing sound! Comparisons, pairings and more in my full written review on DC05~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/ibasso-dc05-dac-amp-dongle-power-for-androids.html

iBasso-DC-05-DAC-AMP-Digital-Analogue-Converter-Dongle-USB-Type-C-Balanced-Review-Audiophile-H...jpg
RE:

1645057351169.png

Bold added. Turns out snakes have a narrow frequency range and it is not high frequencies (or very low).
https://www.livescience.com/do-snakes-have-ears.html

Snakes lack both an outer ear and middle ear, according to a 2012 study in the Journal of Experimental Biology. However, they have one middle ear bone that connects the inner ear to the jaw. This enables snakes to hear vibrations, such as a predator creeping closer on the forest floor. However, they're not as proficient at hearing sounds transmitted through the air.

Due to this ear setup, snakes hear only a narrow range of frequencies. They can hear low frequencies but not high frequencies, because those sounds are mostly transmitted through the air. For example, royal pythons are best at hearing frequencies between 80 and160 Hertz, according to the 2012 study.

https://journals.biologists.com/jeb...ring-with-an-atympanic-ear-good-vibration-and

SUMMARY​

Snakes lack both an outer ear and a tympanic middle ear, which in most tetrapods provide impedance matching between the air and inner ear fluids and hence improve pressure hearing in air. Snakes would therefore be expected to have very poor pressure hearing and generally be insensitive to airborne sound, whereas the connection of the middle ear bone to the jaw bones in snakes should confer acute sensitivity to substrate vibrations. Some studies have nevertheless claimed that snakes are quite sensitive to both vibration and sound pressure. Here we test the two hypotheses that: (1) snakes are sensitive to sound pressure and (2) snakes are sensitive to vibrations, but cannot hear the sound pressure per se. Vibration and sound-pressure sensitivities were quantified by measuring brainstem evoked potentials in 11 royal pythons, Python regius. Vibrograms and audiograms showed greatest sensitivity at low frequencies of 80–160 Hz, with sensitivities of –54 dB re. 1 m s–2 and 78 dB re. 20 μPa, respectively. To investigate whether pythons detect sound pressure or sound-induced head vibrations, we measured the sound-induced head vibrations in three dimensions when snakes were exposed to sound pressure at threshold levels. In general, head vibrations induced by threshold-level sound pressure were equal to or greater than those induced by threshold-level vibrations, and therefore sound-pressure sensitivity can be explained by sound-induced head vibration. From this we conclude that pythons, and possibly all snakes, lost effective pressure hearing with the complete reduction of a functional outer and middle ear, but have an acute vibration sensitivity that may be used for communication and detection of predators and prey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back