DC, VA, MD Areas Head-Fi Up Coming Meet At Fairfax City Library on 9/30/23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 59
I hope I can attend, it's the end of the federal FY & eoy activities may require me to work on the 30th. This will be my first meet. Is this an opportunity to check out other gear? I plan to bring mid-level stuff: grill-modded HE-560v1.2, Focal Elear, Mr. Speaker Ether. I'm in the market for a new stack to replace a Schitt Magni/Modi/Loki & closed back HPs. I hope this is the right event to try out other dac/amps.

Sep 11, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #17 of 59
I hope I can attend, it's the end of the federal FY & eoy activities may require me to work on the 30th. This will be my first meet. Is this an opportunity to check out other gear? I plan to bring mid-level stuff: grill-modded HE-560v1.2, Focal Elear, Mr. Speaker Ether. I'm in the market for a new stack to replace a Schitt Magni/Modi/Loki & closed back HPs. I hope this is the right event to try out other dac/amps.
These meets are community headphone gatherings. It's primarily for enthusiasts to try out and discuss each other's gear. If attendees bring dacs and amps, then you're free to try them out. I'll be bringing the Ferrum Erco and FiiO K9 Pro. If we seem to be source constrained, I can bring in a Topping A50s/D50s stack too. I don't think this event has any vendor sponsors, so there won't be companies bringing in stuff for you to demo.

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 59
I just went to Schiit meet NC last weekend and now there is another meet in DC. That’s nice!
I plan to be there :)
I have CMA15, AO, AC, Hemp and maybe something very special soon.

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 59
Hope to make it there mid-afternoon. I'll have an Asgard3 with Sennheiser 6XX and the Jotunheim 3 w/MB DAC and DCA Noire combo. If I'm feeling froggy I'll also bring my Yggdrasil A1, but no promises.
Jot3? 😳

Sep 22, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 59
Thank you for the invite. Typically the wife has us doing chores on Saturday, but I will do them early in order to make the meet. I will bring my BHSE and CRBN with the Hugo 2. Those who bring other e-stats should be in for a treat unless Justin brings the new on the horizon e-stat amp :wink:

By the way, this is the same combo I have on sale here on head-fi.

Sep 22, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #23 of 59
I still plan to come next weekend. I have my "Lego" Schiit stack consisting of a Modi MB2, Loki Mini+, and a Piety amp.

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #24 of 59
Thank you for the invite. Typically the wife has us doing chores on Saturday, but I will do them early in order to make the meet. I will bring my BHSE and CRBN with the Hugo 2. Those who bring other e-stats should be in for a treat unless Justin brings the new on the horizon e-stat amp :wink:

By the way, this is the same combo I have on sale here on head-fi.
Sounds great! I've been wanting to hear my SGL Jr on a more powerful amp, and particularly on the BHSE. I was at a meet with the CRBN last year, but the amp that Audeze provided for the meet (Mjolnir Audio Carbon CC) was dead on arrival, so I could only hear it on my own amp which is substantially less powerful.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #25 of 59
This just a reminder, we have 1 week left to our local meet in Fairfax on 9/30/23.

Select a Branch: City of Fairfax Regional Library
Space: City of Fairfax Meeting Room A & B
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm

There are a lot of spaces for parking around the Library. Behind the Library,there are 2 vacant buildings and across the street is a Shopping Center within 2minutes of walking distance. If you bring any heavy gear, there is a underground parking beneath the Library that you can access from University Drive. It has an elevator directly to the meeting room.
Hope to see every body there and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #26 of 59
This just a reminder, we have 1 week left to our local meet in Fairfax on 9/30/23.

Select a Branch: City of Fairfax Regional Library
Space: City of Fairfax Meeting Room A & B
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm

There are a lot of spaces for parking around the Library. Behind the Library,there are 2 vacant buildings and across the street is a Shopping Center within 2minutes of walking distance. If you bring any heavy gear, there is a underground parking beneath the Library that you can access from University Drive. It has to an elevator directly to the meeting room.
Hope to see every body there and have a great weekend.
If I can make it I'll bring Tungsten DS with me.

IMG_8964.jpg

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #27 of 59
My first meet. I'll see everyone there.

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #28 of 59
Yeah, I may need to park in the garage. Depends how well I can pack the items and what I choose to transport them.

Question, is it appropriate to bring items to sale? I want to make sure I am staying within any guideline set forth. This is my first meet as well.

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #30 of 59
you mean government shut down :beyersmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back