DC to AC power inverter for car
Oct 8, 2001 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
My first question is. Would it save me any money to DO IT MYSELF? Second, where can I find schematics, and diagrams that have a thorough parts list. Some of the ones that I have found do not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Oct 8, 2001 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 6
I could probably hook you up with a link to a schematic,but you must consider the cost of the heat sinks needed.What this basically is-one big ass 60hz sine wave generator with high current outputs.

Oct 8, 2001 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't take this offensively but if you need a "thorough parts list" you might wanna skip building one. Can I assume you don't wanna wind your own transformer or dumpster dive it?

If that's the case, skip it. That's where all the cost is. You didn't say what size you wanted, but over a couple hundred watts it'll cost you more to source the transformer than it will to buy a square or modified sine commercial unit.

Oct 8, 2001 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 6
I have an old issue of popular electronics (boxed,don't get exited
biggrin.gif
) with full plans including the DIY heatsinks.But understand that back then it was way cheaper to DIY one due to high prices of commercial devices.Not so now.You definately save by purchasing a unit,not to mention the safety factor.Pump out 5 amps at 120 VAC 60 hz and there is little room for erroe,dangerous stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back