DC salvo on the dynahi, essental?
Jan 18, 2006 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kenny12

1000+ Head-Fier
I heard that if your using the proper dynahi power supply, you can actually bypass the dc salvo part, is this true?

Also for the regulators on the slavo, how many amps does it require, i accdently ordered 0.1A ones
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 10
are you talking about the servo by any chance
tongue.gif
All it does is put out a little voltage to zero the output offset. It's not powersupply related, it's more heat and transistor matching related.

Yes you can get by without it, but your output will drift in time as the temperature of the amp changes. Also they are very low current devices.

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
I heard that if your using the proper dynahi power supply, you can actually bypass the dc salvo part, is this true?

No, this not true as you state it. The dynahi power supply with the tracking circuit has excellent performance, but is not a big contributor to dc offsets. Variations in LEDs, transistors, and several key resistors are the main contributors.
Quote:

Also for the regulators on the slavo, how many amps does it require, i accidently ordered 0.1A ones

The 78L15 and 79L15 in the TO-92 packages (0.1A output) are fine. Watch the polarity, one is flipped. Read the datasheet.

Most people seem to install the servo. I would recommend doing it.

Jan 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

botique components

Care to define excatly what you mean by that term? :p

With the Dynalo boutique components are pretty much a waste. The best you can do is go nice resistors as things like caps arent in the signal path.

Rob.

Jan 19, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
Really fancy parts that had received botox treatment.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
eggosmile.gif

Last time i tried to give a capacitor botox... well... lets just say it didnt end very well :p
evil_smiley.gif
:p

Its in my opinion that filtering caps are really all the same. As long as they are brand-name and newish i am perfectly happy with them. Others will anwer differently though.

Rob.

Jan 19, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 10
ok i've put all the resistors on the board, i plan on breadboarding R20 to adjust the gain.

is there anything else i should do before i solder the resistors on the board?

also for the 2sa1349 and 2sk389, 2sc3381, and 2sj109, it comes with 7 pins, do i just chop the middle one off?

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by robzy
Last time i tried to give a capacitor botox... well... lets just say it didnt end very well :p
evil_smiley.gif
:p

Its in my opinion that filtering caps are really all the same. As long as they are brand-name and newish i am perfectly happy with them. Others will anwer differently though.

Rob.

In my opinion every cap manufacturer makes caps with different ESR and ripple currents. But remember expensive does not always mean good! Datasheets are your friend.

Yeah the middle pin isn't connected so snip snip..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back