DC Offset question about source->amp
Nov 15, 2004 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tschanrm

100+ Head-Fier
I've modded out my 0404 and measured a dc offset of about 1v on the rigth channel and about 2v on the left channel. These values are pretty consistent. Should the offset be about the same for both channels? I'm using using lt1364 opamp, maybe I have a cold solder joint or something causes the difference, although the specs of the 1364 indicate that +/- 1mv is normal. Anyway, onto the point of the post.

So my sound card measures about 2mv of dc offset, which is for the most part fine. I have the 0404 hooked up to an old pioneer sx-1010. I'm using this as an amp only, so there is no pre-amp, well I guess Patchmix DSP is acting as my pre-amp. Without the 0404 hooked up the amp is 3mv on left channel, 4mv on right when testing the speaker outputs. But when I hook up the 0404, the offset values don't change at all, they still sit at 3 and 4mv. Shouldn't the sound card be adding the amps overall dc offset? Some of you may think it doesn't matter since the offset is so low, but I'm still just curious why when I plug in the soundcard to the amp it doesn't add any dc offset to the output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back