DC/MD/VA Meet! Sat Aug 24
Aug 16, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 30
If your tube equipment doesn't sound right, it could be the tubes. Bring them to the DC Head-Fi meet, and you can test them on a B&K 747 mutual conductance tube tester. Also good for matching tubes into pairs.

bk747.jpg

Aug 16, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 30
Which Grado headphone setup rules? HP-1/HPA-1 or RS-1/RA-1? Old or new? Joe or John? Metal or mahogony? You can read about it on Head-Fi...or you can hear for yourself at the meet on 8/24!

grados.jpg

Aug 16, 2002 at 1:36 PM Post #18 of 30
flashbak,

I'm in Newark, DE not too far off 95. If you feel like stopping at my place and riding down with me it'd be fine w/ me.

Dave

Aug 17, 2002 at 1:46 PM Post #21 of 30
I'm going to email directions either through Head-Fi, or directly if I have your e-mail address, starting this weekend. If you've posted to this thread or contacted me by e-mail, you should receive them either today or tomorrow, or you can contact me directly (for this I prefer email to PM). I will continue to send directions to those who contact me from now until the day of the meet.

To e-mail me, hit the profile button at the bottom of this message. This will bring up my user profile. You will see an option in there to send e-mail to member. If you're a registered Head-Fi member, you can use this link to send me an e-mail.

I'm doing it this way, because I prefer that my home address not be posted directly on the net.

Aug 17, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #22 of 30
Please count me in. Can I bring one of my vintage amps?

I am interested in bringing one of the following:

Sansui AU-5900 solid state integrated amp - circa 1976

Marantz 2235B solid state receiver - circa 1975

Fisher 400 tube receiver - circa 1963

These suckers are all heavy, so I'm only going to offer to bring one of these amps. The purpose would be so that people could hear for themselves how the old stuff stacks up against some of the newer equipment.

Please let me know, and also if anyone has any preference for the vintage amp I bring to this meeting.

-Marc
mkmelt@attglobal.net

Aug 18, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #23 of 30
Hirsch --

Could you please send the directions to me?

It should be about a five minute drive, if not a walk, for me.

Steve

Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I'm going to email directions either through Head-Fi, or directly if I have your e-mail address, starting this weekend. If you've posted to this thread or contacted me by e-mail, you should receive them either today or tomorrow, or you can contact me directly (for this I prefer email to PM). I will continue to send directions to those who contact me from now until the day of the meet.

To e-mail me, hit the profile button at the bottom of this message. This will bring up my user profile. You will see an option in there to send e-mail to member. If you're a registered Head-Fi member, you can use this link to send me an e-mail.

I'm doing it this way, because I prefer that my home address not be posted directly on the net.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 30
Form the South Hemisphere I will be following all about this tremendous meeting !!!! Which I could be there !!
frown.gif

Hirsch, more pics !!! Nice setup !! WOW !!

Best from

Ari

And enjoy your selves !!

Aug 18, 2002 at 3:39 PM Post #25 of 30
MkMelt,

I'm interested in hearing the Fisher receiver!

All-

Directions going out shortly...

Aug 18, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #26 of 30
Hi folks,

I've sent out the meet directions to everyone who said they wanted to come. If you didn't get them, just let me know and I'll resend. It looks like there will be eight of us here.

Anyone else wishing to come, please let me know, and I'll get directions out to you.

See you Saturday!

Hirsch

Aug 23, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #27 of 30
The MD/DC/VA/PA/DE Head-Fi meet is tomorrow at 1. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. If you'd like to come and don't have directions, please contact me immediately.

Late addition: Headroom has a clearance price on the AKG K-1000 ear speaker. Looked like a good deal to me, and the K-1000 will be present at the meet.

Aug 24, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Late addition: Headroom has a clearance price on the AKG K-1000 ear speaker. Looked like a good deal to me, and the K-1000 will be present at the meet.

You effin' person. I may just have to bring my Manley Stingray after all.

Aug 24, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
You effin' person. I may just have to bring my Manley Stingray after all.

LOL! I was about to e-mail you to suggest that...
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #30 of 30
Big Uncle Joe Grado VS. Little Johnny Grado . . . LOL! I'll be watching this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back