DC/Baltimore regional meet 8/2/08
Aug 5, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zach (grand enigma) brought it. It's PFKMan23's.

Ok, Thanks GrAwk!

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #17 of 19
Lousy iphone photos...

dc-1.JPG

dc-2.JPG

dc-3.JPG

dc-4.JPG

dc-5.JPG

dc-6.JPG

dc-7.JPG

dc-8.JPG

dc-9.JPG

dc-12.JPG

dc-13.JPG

dc-14.JPG

dc-15.JPG

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #18 of 19
Thanks again to Dan for hosting this meet, and the fun people that made it...well...fun.

I didn't really listen to much gear, but zeroed in on my soon to be future rigs. I'm not sure what happened at the California meet, but as I mentioned earlier, the KGBH SE/O2 rig, sourced this time with tkam's old, now mine, APL Phillips impressed me as much as it did at CanJam. I'm now really excited to get mine in the Fall (hopefully).

The rest of my time was spent with the UE10s and 11s, using an ipod as a source with and without the pico, and later with my macbook and pico. Dan generously let me take them with me on the airplane and I pretty much spent all of Sunday evening and night and also Monday morning going back and forth between the two. I ended up choosing the 11s, but not easily or without hesitation, as they are sometimes just on the cusp of having too much bass. The 10s, as VPI pointed out, are probably more accurate, but are also less engaging. Both impressed me thoroughly, but I thought about what I wanted iems for in the first place, how and where I'd be using them, and I chose those that engaged me most. We'll see. I'm still a little nervous. UE already has my impressions. I'm hoping to have them in a couple weeks.

My other listening adventures were brief and pleasing, but as my attention was pretty directed, I only recall enjoying what I heard without specifics. That's it for now.
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #19 of 19
Looks sweet!
biggrin.gif

Especially the HeadAmp KGBH SE prototype...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back