DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #46 of 197

That probably was ok but in my opinion using a broadband noise signal would yield more repeatable / accurate results - even with the SPLnFFT app doing most of the work for you on your test track. Try it. Even if you come to the same conclusion, at least you'll know that your setup checks out.

Audiocheck.net - Test tones

Fair enough

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #48 of 197
This is the weekend after RMAF, which we've just decided we're going to with a good-looking new music server company who aren't very far away geographically: Wolf Audio Systems. As for the rest of the room, we have some commitments and are just waiting on the last component, and if it goes my way I'm going to be super excited about this room and how great it's going to sound. 

I hope to bring very interesting things. At the very least I'll bring something new. 

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #49 of 197

Let's try and get all of these cans at the meet.

The big one from the list will be there, and not by me 
ph34r.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #52 of 197
Will anyone going to this meet be bringing the AudioZenith PMx2 headphone? I have been dying to hear this headphone with no luck. Thanks for any info.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #55 of 197
Overall they hold their own. There's not as much separation and the highs aren't what the 400s produces. Also they are heavier but I just happened to do a comparison about a week ago and the Pro 4aa's are pretty good. Hope you can make the meet and you can try them out.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #56 of 197
Overall they hold their own. There's not as much separation and the highs aren't what the 400s produces. Also they are heavier but I just happened to do a comparison about a week ago and the Pro 4aa's are pretty good. Hope you can make the meet and you can try them out.

Thanks, I expect to be at the October meet.  The original 4a's had liquid-filled cushions - like a waterbed for the ears.  Comfortable and a good seal.

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #58 of 197
I've got a modded WA3 that I usually bring along with a couple SS builds. I've got the meet on my schedule...hopefully I can make it! :)
Does anyone have a Little Dot tube amp or a Woo Audio tube amp? Just curious what you guys thought of those brands.

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #60 of 197
Anyone have the Jotunheim yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back