DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 Impressions
Nov 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Billheiser

Headphoneus Supremus

And as I expected, they never came.

Wonderful meeting everyone today and hearing other people's gear.  It was great putting some faces to the handles I've seen in this thread.  Hopefully someone posts some pictures from the meet, because I didn't take any.  My name is Amar, I had the Uberfrost/Lyr2 in the corner with the Hifiman and Oppo headphones in case anyone wanted to put my forum handle to a face.  Hope we can do this again soon.

Great meet, very nice to meet you Amar, and Zack, Dylan, Josh, Guru and smitty and many others.  I forgot or mixed up some names, so everyone chime in if you want to. I took cellphone pictures, and will post them (even though I don't have your signed photo releases!)
Sorry that Barry was sick, and that we didn't have Byrnie and Mitchell and some others who wanted to come.

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 27

Great meet, very nice to meet you Amar, and Zack, Dylan, Josh, Guru and smitty and many others.  I forgot or mixed up some names, so everyone chime in if you want to. I took cellphone pictures, and will post them (even though I don't have your signed photo releases!)
Sorry that Barry was sick, and that we didn't have Byrnie and Mitchell and some others who wanted to come.

Yep, awesome meet :)

Here are some cell phone pics I took:

http://imgur.com/a/1SuaE

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 27
  Yep, awesome meet :)

Here are some cell phone pics I took:

http://imgur.com/a/1SuaE

Nice pics, thanks for posting them. It was nice to meet everyone, can't wait for the next one. Also, I will certainly bring the TH-900's again, everyone seemed to really enjoy them.

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 27
Looks like I missed a great meet. I'll make sure I plan better for the winter meet. .....about to enjoy some live performances at Belmont university as I type this. :)

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 27
Hey all,

Great meet! A lot of great sounding gear. I think Schiit was well represented, minus the Ragnarok (I guess there's always the winter meet).

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #9 of 27
awesome people and awesome meet it was.  Enjoyed a lot, thanks to everyone.

Astell&Kern AK240 was phenomenal, now my Fiio X3 sound awful

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 27
Pleasure meeting you all (and seeing a few familiar faces). Probably spent more time talking than listening to new gear! :p

Looking forward to the winter meet!

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #11 of 27

yea hopefully I can make the next one. I might even have a new amp and DAC at that point. And maybe a pair of HD800 if I can sell my HE560s for a decent amount.

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 27
I dont think I was able to introduce myslef to everyone, but I was the guy walking around w/ no equiptment. (For those who still dont remember I wore a gray jacket and gray tshirt) This was my first HeadFi meet and it was GREAT!
Shout out to zackchen1996 for helping me find great CIEM
P.S.- I'll try to bring/buy some stuff for the next meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back