DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #256 of 297
Sounds like a fun project. :)
VT-116A / 6SJ7 much like the original (though I believe the original used the predecessor 6C6 technically).  It's always had a bit of hum, so refining the PSU and some other components, new wiring layout should help with that a bit.  I will be putting the PSU in a separate chassis.  It's been an ongoing project and I most recently put new OPT on that just barely fit on the current chassis :p  I mostly use it with speakers so the hum isn't an issue there, but it's noticeable on certain headphones like the HD600.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #257 of 297
I need to just bit the bullet and get a mac. My surface pro 3 died, so I don't have a portable source to feed a yggy with. Anyone have a spare RCA out on a DAC to hook the Stratus up to?

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #258 of 297
  I need to just bit the bullet and get a mac. My surface pro 3 died, so I don't have a portable source to feed a yggy with. Anyone have a spare RCA out on a DAC to hook the Stratus up to?

Yggy that Barry is bringing and Gungir Multibit that I'm bringing both have extra RCA outputs.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #259 of 297
Yep, officially beat for Saturday. Sorry guys :frowning2:

edit: Nevermind! I'm officially going! Rental car :gs1000smile:

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #262 of 297
  I don't think a common playlist was finalized, right?  I recall a few tracks mentioned and I might put them on my laptop tonight if time allows.

I was going to go through the thread and list all the songs, but haven't had the time. Work has fried me lately--six hour conference call and budgeting today--just...kill...me...now.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #263 of 297
Yep, officially beat for Saturday. Sorry guys
frown.gif

edit: Nevermind! I'm officially going! Rental car
gs1000.gif

Glad to hear it!

I don't think a common playlist was finalized, right?  I recall a few tracks mentioned and I might put them on my laptop tonight if time allows.

We definitely never worked out a list...

Someone insisted on a specific version of Planet Mars. I bought it and listened to it...but I got lost in Dire Straits with my Brothers in Arms. That's more my gig!
I'll bring the Mars disc (if I can find it - think I can see it from where I'm sitting), and some people are still bringing disc spinners! But yeah, play it by ear. I may be in a Reggae mood by tomorrow!

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #265 of 297
I'm bringing my tower and I'll have some songs on my SD card on my phone to bring to places that can support it. Only my back ports work on my computer though lol so I'll have to tell people about that. Or you can browse through my library via foobar.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #266 of 297
Oh yeah I'm bringing The Who's Live At Leeds just in case I'm in the mood....

And...I just packed the disc!

This is the one that started the whole journey for me, back in 2002 when a trusted co-worker said, here! Have a listen to this, as he handed me his Sennheiser HD600 headphones. And my HD650 were quite soon to be purchased!

Some lyrics, for those old enough to know:

Helplessly
hoping Her
harlequin hovers nearby Awaiting
a word

I'm bringing my tower and I'll have some songs on my SD card on my phone to bring to places that can support it. Only my back ports work on my computer though lol so I'll have to tell people about that. Or you can browse through my library via foobar.

Hehe...just ask @yage about weird computer browsing.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #267 of 297
  And...I just packed the disc!

This is the one that started the whole journey for me, back in 2002 when a trusted co-worker said, here! Have a listen to this, as he handed me his Sennheiser HD600 headphones. And my HD650 were quite soon to be purchased!

Some lyrics, for those old enough to know:

Helplessly
hoping Her
harlequin hovers nearby Awaiting
a word

Hehe...just ask @yage about weird computer browsing.

HAHAHA people getting really curious huh?

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #268 of 297
Packed...finally!

Hope you noted my efforts to keep the DACs warm. Though I plan to unplug the Bifrost, it is in the deepest part to keep it warmest 
tongue.gif

Gungnir gets to ride with the UPS 
cool.gif

And yes, I packed the pillow 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #270 of 297
  Glad to hear it!

We definitely never worked out a list...

Someone insisted on a specific version of Planet Mars. I bought it and listened to it...but I got lost in Dire Straits with my Brothers in Arms. That's more my gig!
I'll bring the Mars disc (if I can find it - think I can see it from where I'm sitting), and some people are still bringing disc spinners! But yeah, play it by ear. I may be in a Reggae mood by tomorrow!

I'll have a smattering of Dire Straits in FLAC and some DSD.
Not feeling inclined to bring my 40-lb CD player this time, but at least my laptop still has an optical drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back