DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #243 of 297
So how is the auditioning gonna go?  Do you more or less just walk up to someone and say "Hey, I wanna hear your cans"???

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #245 of 297
Some bad news unfortunately. Looks like my buddy's car ran into some last minute issues and doesn't look to good for a drive from Delaware. I'll keep you posted but I'm gonna tentatively back out of another meet *sigh*

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #246 of 297
Some bad news unfortunately. Looks like my buddy's car ran into some last minute issues and doesn't look to good for a drive from Delaware. I'll keep you posted but I'm gonna tentatively back out of another meet *sigh*

frown.gif

BTW, I'm east of the city. So next time you guys have a Delaware meet, keep me posted!

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #247 of 297
  BTW @TimeLord I too am unhappy with the Onkyo HF software. I went to install it on my iPad and found out it is only compatible with iPhone.
Short-sighted it seems to me, or another unfortunate quirky Apple software (previously hardware) requirement. So if you're happy with what you got, I might try it Friday as I pack for the show.

So far, I'm quite pleased with it. I am abandoning the HF Player.

When I mentioned iAudioGate before, I neglected to state that it was developed by KORG to complement their recording equipment; so, we shouldn't have to worry about long term support.

It has all of the features that the HF Player has including an EQ with an adjustable gain, although iAudioGate's EQ is 10 band instead of 11.

Also, it is supposed to work on the iPad, but only at the iPhone resolution. I tried to test this on my old iPad 3, since that's a function you're interested in. The app installed, but it oddly doesn't play music. The app appears as you'd expect, but when you tap on a song, nothing happens. I don't know if it's because my iPad is so old or what.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #248 of 297
Oh hey guys, I want in!

I have:

Source- amps:

Modded Cowon X5 (SSD) DAP with Arrow 4G amp

Winbook - Equalizer APO - MediaMonkey app - Chord Hugo

GS5 - Neutron - Arrow 5 or Cayin C5 or Rendition 1

Headphones:

HD598s (waiting on silver cable as of today)
Norne Silver Draug or Copper Draug to Modded HD800
Norne Vanquish to modded TH900s
regular TH900s
Sony XB1000
JVC SZ2000 (if anyone would like a dose of ultrabass with the last 3)

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #250 of 297
@sheldaze I got to the root of the issues with the iAudioGate player on the iPad. It was a problem with the synchronization of music on my iPad. I hadn't been using my iPad and none of the song files were synced to the iPad, although the playlist showed them. Once I added songs to the player, it had no problem playing them on the iPad.

Now for the good news: If you're happy with the HF Player, other than the fact it does not work on the iPad, I have loaded it on my iPad and it works. When you're in the App Store, search for "Onkyo" then use the drop down list in the upper left corner of the screen to alter the results from "iPad Only" to "iPhone Only." Now, you should see the Onkyo HF Player listed. Install it and it should work, but the resolution of the app will be the size of an iPhone with the ability to double its size, which makes it bigger but pixelated. Other than that, the functionality is there.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #251 of 297
  Now for the good news: If you're happy with the HF Player, other than the fact it does not work on the iPad, I have loaded it on my iPad and it works. When you're in the App Store, search for "Onkyo" then use the drop down list in the upper left corner of the screen to alter the results from "iPad Only" to "iPhone Only." Now, you should see the Onkyo HF Player listed. Install it and it should work, but the resolution of the app will be the size of an iPhone with the ability to double its size, which makes it bigger but pixelated. Other than that, the functionality is there.

iPhone apps on an iPad...

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #252 of 297
I'll be coming along with Tjj226_Angel and bringing some IEMs (MeeAudio Pinnacle P1, recabled Hifiman RE600, Zero Audio Tenore), a Rockbox'd DX50 and a modified HD600.  If I have time to put it back together, I'll bring a modified CAL! as well.  I may be able to bring my full desktop rig, a DIY Radiotron SE2A3 amp and a Timbre TT-1 DAC.  The amp is undergoing some changes (new chassis, new PSU) so it depends on if I have time to put it back together in the old chassis before the meet.

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #253 of 297
Interesting, what driver are you using?
I'll be coming along with Tjj226_Angel and bringing some IEMs (MeeAudio Pinnacle P1, recabled Hifiman RE600, Zero Audio Tenore), a Rockbox'd DX50 and a modified HD600.  If I have time to put it back together, I'll bring a modified CAL! as well.  I may be able to bring my full desktop rig, a DIY Radiotron SE2A3 amp and a Timbre TT-1 DAC.  The amp is undergoing some changes (new chassis, new PSU) so it depends on if I have time to put it back together in the old chassis before the meet.

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #254 of 297
Anyone interested in buying my Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Gen 2?  Works perfectly, in great condition.  Power cable included.  I can bring it to the meet Saturday if anyone shows interest.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #255 of 297
Interesting, what driver are you using?

VT-116A / 6SJ7 much like the original (though I believe the original used the predecessor 6C6 technically).  It's always had a bit of hum, so refining the PSU and some other components, new wiring layout should help with that a bit.  I will be putting the PSU in a separate chassis.  It's been an ongoing project and I most recently put new OPT on that just barely fit on the current chassis 
tongue.gif
 I mostly use it with speakers so the hum isn't an issue there, but it's noticeable on certain headphones like the HD600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back