DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 297
Confirmed my payment with Justin at HeadAmp, so the BHSE will be delivered in time for meet. Should I bring any Lambdas along with the 007A?

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 297
  Confirmed my payment with Justin at HeadAmp, so the BHSE will be delivered in time for meet. Should I bring any Lambdas along with the 007A?

Sweet. Sure, bring 'em all if you can. I haven't heard any of them before...

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #23 of 297
I have the 404LE and the 507, I'll bring them along.

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #24 of 297
Nice!

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 297
It's going to be my first time and I'm hoping I can try different rigs to kind learn a bit more about all these and hopefully find the combo my ears have been craving. Is there anything I need to bring with me? Or something I need to know as a first timer?

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #26 of 297
  It's going to be my first time and I'm hoping I can try different rigs to kind learn a bit more about all these and hopefully find the combo my ears have been craving. Is there anything I need to bring with me? Or something I need to know as a first timer?

Just ears is the best way to come. I've yet to come that way, but it's what I hear 
tongue.gif

Otherwise:

1. A headphone might help, if you have something you're using at home and would like to find out how it sounds on a system at the meet. Be sure to ask - don't just unplug and plug things into systems. Besides the obvious issues, certain systems may require a different setup based on your headphone (i.e. a switch from high to low impedance, a gain adjustment, etc.).
  2. A couple of us also decided to start bringing DAPs with digital output. Again, same rule applies as above - make sure you speak with the person whose rig it would be you are plugging into. Always, always ask permission.

Make sure you read the first post, and follow the rules therein. And welcome!

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #27 of 297

Read the meet rules on the first post of this thread posted by Barry S. Other than that, you may want to bring along your own music so that you'll get a better idea for what the gear will sound like with what you normally listen to.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #29 of 297
Is that where we stand around the blindfolded newbie chanting Black Window, Black Window, Black Window - until it appears?
But which is it - the amplifier or the deadly spider 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #30 of 297
omrcz: Hi I'm new here!

billheiser: Welcome! We were wondering when you'd show up.

omrcz: What's that paddle for?

billheiser: Oh this? No reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back