DBI pro 705
Feb 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

liveD

New Head-Fier
Hello,

New to these forums but have been watching for a while. I just thought i would note that I just picked up my DBI Pro 705 headphones. They took an hour to break in a bit but after that they warmed up nicely. I use them both for gaming on my XBOX and listening to music. I notice a big difference when listening to Mp3s with my cheapo headphones and these. Where some songs are great quality and super sharp others aren't. I never noticed a difference with my cheap headphones.

Anyway for 200$ these are great headphones.

Now that i have good ones now I have been thinking about getting a Fubar 3 from firestone.

Miniature Audio - Fubar III USB DAC / Headphone Amplifier

The only thing is I would be buying this without trying them.

Anyone have any input or experience with these?

From what I understand this would be a seperate sound car/amp as in it would be much better then my built in stock soundcard is this correct?

Thank you

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 12
i hav a dbi pro-700. i paid a whole 15$ for them
smily_headphones1.gif
. i regret not getting the pro705 when it was on ebay for 50$ a few weeks back.
these are mb quart high solid rebadged headphones. i agree they sound fantastic. they NEED an amp tho. i use a creek obh-11 with good results.
try the amp forum for reviews on these amps. pay attention that peeps tried the amp u want with higher impedance cans as the dbi is 300 ohms

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 12
hmm just found out that claims to use the mb quart design but their own speakers
the pro705 just came up on ebay- i bought it for 60 shipped. cant wait

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 12
got the pro705 today. very bassy, mids not as rich as the pro700 (which are fantastic) of course this is straight out of the box. i will burn in and post up

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 12
i searched 'dbi headphones'
they pop up from time to time. i have both the 700 and 705 now. they are very different sounding. the 700 is for audiophiles, and had very rich mids and highs, will handle a ton of bass if u amp it up. the 705 is very colored with bass and will run out of anything, kind of like a bigger richer akg k81dj

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
i searched 'dbi headphones'
they pop up from time to time. i have both the 700 and 705 now. they are very different sounding. the 700 is for audiophiles, and had very rich mids and highs, will handle a ton of bass if u amp it up. the 705 is very colored with bass and will run out of anything, kind of like a bigger richer akg k81dj

I agree about the SQ, as I now own both the dbi Pro-700's and 705's. The 700's are a but more power hungry, but the SQ is much better, while the 705's are more of a "basic" sounding can. It's still good, just not as good as the dbi-Pro700's. nyumetsu did tell me this before he sold them to me, and I still think it's money well spent - I thank him very much.

W/a nice little bit of Sony EQ they sound fantastic - and loud as all HECK w/the Sony S639, and that's no easy feat. I like them, and they are as tough as claimed. They are BOTH my current beater HP's,......sweet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back