Dazzled by Lunch Box Pro!
Mar 11, 2009 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

jpstereo

500+ Head-Fier
I just recently received my Lunch Box Pro and I have to tell you that I am floored by what I am hearing from this little titan. My HD600s never sounded so good - even with amps from 2 to 4 times the price of the LB. Overall, the sound is sweet yet very powerful with great impact. I popped in a NOS 5670 and was immediately rewarded with luscious sound.

I am not sure what's inside this beast but it pushes the Senns like no other. I have yet to try my K701s but I am hoping to be equally bowled over (the Pro version has an impedance switch.) Those of you looking for an amp in the $200 - $300 price range would do well to audition the LB. I am soooo happy I did ... and it's cute to boot - much better looking in person!

Try it - you'll like it!

JP

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 24
Great to hear that you like it!
That's what its all about, finding the ideal match to your 'phones, ears, taste, ... Then enjoy music!
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recently received my Lunch Box Pro and I have to tell you that I am floored by what I am hearing from this little titan. My HD600s never sounded so good - even with amps from 2 to 4 times the price of the LB. Overall, the sound is sweet yet very powerful with great impact. I popped in a NOS 5670 and was immediately rewarded with luscious sound.

I am not sure what's inside this beast but it pushes the Senns like no other. I have yet to try my K701s but I am hoping to be equally bowled over (the Pro version has an impedance switch.) Those of you looking for an amp in the $200 - $300 price range would do well to audition the LB. I am soooo happy I did ... and it's cute to boot - much better looking in person!

Try it - you'll like it!

JP

May I ask, what amps you have also tried?

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask, what amps you have also tried?

Former:

X-Can v2 and 3 (which were both very, very good with Senns), Little Dot MKIII, Little Dot 1+, Rudistor NX-03, Darkvoice 336i, Blueberry Emotion, Creek OBH-11, Firestone Cute.

Current: (still own)

Mapletree Ear+ HD (also quite wonderful!)

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 24
Update with K701s - Much to my shock the Lunch Box Pro sounds great with my K701s. I am using it on High Gain (sounds better to my ears). Again, this little beast must be pushing a large chunk of current to the AKGs since they sound better on the Lunch Box than any other amp I have previously used. Very impressive again!

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 24
There have been very good write ups on the II pro. I'm surprised it don't get more play time here. Does it roll off on either end or does it give good extension compared to SS amps?

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 24
Nice! that amp looks so cool and for the price, it looks like a great buy. It's amps like these people should use for their higher end headphones.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There have been very good write ups on the II pro. I'm surprised it don't get more play time here. Does it roll off on either end or does it give good extension compared to SS amps?

I'm happy to report that the extension on both ends is superb considering what this unit costs. DO NOT be afraid to break out your higher-end phones with the Lunch Box Pro!

Just because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg doesn't mean it can't compete with more expensive units. This is a true bargain!

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Former:

X-Can v2 and 3 (which were both very, very good with Senns), Little Dot MKIII, Little Dot 1+, Rudistor NX-03, Darkvoice 336i, Blueberry Emotion, Creek OBH-11, Firestone Cute.

Current: (still own)

Mapletree Ear+ HD (also quite wonderful!)

How do you feel it faired in comparison to the Darkvoice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back