Dayzee - Flagship DAC from Geshelli Labs
May 12, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #31 of 38
mine is scheduled to arrive on monday! the only dac I have on hand to compare it to is an eversolo dmp-a6 master edition with beatechnik linear power supply inside. I'm not great at describing sound differences but I'll try
Well, in our little world where only a handful of people have each of these products, every opinion is helpful and welcome! I’m not sure if I’m any good at describing these things either, but the best advice I’ve seen is to just say what you hear!

May 13, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #32 of 38
woot, it's here and working.. using the SMPS.. will try my linear power supply later
IMG20240513124926.jpg

IMG20240513124518.jpg

Jun 4, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #33 of 38
new review from Cheap Audio Man!

sorry about my image links dying I'll replace them soon.. been having issues with my new preamp and ground loop, but it's semi off topic

this clear case dayzee would look awesome next to the clear audio technica turntable https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at-lp2022
edit: lol I just realized a dac and turntable make no sense to be next to each other, that's like superman next to kryptonite :D
AT-LP2022-with-dust-cover-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #34 of 38
Here's the pics I promised. My walnut dayzee really matches my walnut MNPCTECH isolation platform!
I wonder who drew the star inside the wooden case? Hehe rachel geshelli?
I've been having a little bit of issues with ground loop or USB noise with the dayzee so I went back to my eversolo until my usb galvanic isolator and ifi gnd defender arrive. I'm also going to replace my comptuers atx power supply.
I took a close up of the pcb to try to figure out what clocks were used but I didn't see any big ones. I'll guess they are the small NDK smt ones based on being too small for my eyes to see.
1000002558.jpg
1000002555.jpg
1000002557.jpg
1000002556.jpg
1000002553.jpg
1000002554.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #35 of 38
Don't want to spring for a DayZee, but still want the Geshelli special sauce? Here comes the J3 Pro...

Jun 10, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 38
Here's the pics I promised. My walnut dayzee really matches my walnut MNPCTECH isolation platform!
I wonder who drew the star inside the wooden case? Hehe rachel geshelli?
I've been having a little bit of issues with ground loop or USB noise with the dayzee so I went back to my eversolo until my usb galvanic isolator and ifi gnd defender arrive. I'm also going to replace my comptuers atx power supply.
I took a close up of the pcb to try to figure out what clocks were used but I didn't see any big ones. I'll guess they are the small NDK smt ones based on being too small for my eyes to see.
She's a beauty! I hope you're enjoying!!

And I don't think TT and DAC are like Superman and kryptonite... More like peanut butter and jelly :o2smile:

Jun 15, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #38 of 38
Before diving into the sound, I want to first mention how lovely Sherri and Geno are to work with. They are both extremely accommodating and communicative and wanted to make sure that I got the exact customizations I was going for.

No doubt. I saw the DayZee at the Florida audio show not even realizing what I was looking at (wasn't aware of the company at the time). Fast forward a few months later I reached out to them on SM & now I've got it right in my target site (or J3 Pro)....and since I actually live in Orlando I'm going to take a trip over to their MB factory in a couple weeks to meet everyone and discuss options for my setup :)

I currently have an Oppo 205 which will obviously stay put for M-ch audio...but I know I can do better then it's 7-year-old design on the DAC front for 2-Ch and streaming audio from my equally nice Bryson streamer. And at least at the moment, I have some of the nicest analog equipment around that I know would take advantage of the highest performance DAC I could find/afford.
Screenshot_20231111_095037_Gallery.jpg
20240116_213841.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back