Dayton Audio B652 Revision(?)
Jul 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pjwylie

New Head-Fier
Hello. So a couple days ago I was talking to a friend about my speakers (DA-B652) and he mentioned that I should contact Dayton Audio to get a replacement set because they put out a revisioned/improved(?) model out as of July 2.

I purchased my speakers February 28, 2013. 

Does anyone have any info about this as I am having trouble finding anything about it, and whether or not I should contact DA about getting replacements. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 10
They launched a revised version on previous months, but it was a total disappointment for a lot of people. I don't know if they fixed that on a recent update.

Check this, as a reference. 

Not a bad idea to email them. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. For anyone that is curious, I did contact Dayton a couple days ago, and they are sending me a new set for free. And, according to the guy in the article that jackwess linked, the July shipment of speakers seemed to have fixed the quality issues of the failed June design. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 10
any guides to this "mod" for crossover, cabling, and dampening? :D for the noobs like me 

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #9 of 10
You can find many online that vary in difficulty. This is the one I went with, and the results were amazing, to say the least. Don't let the soldering scare you away, plenty of resources out there, and with a little experimentation, you'll surely get your grips on it.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 10
i have seen that tut but that's not for this model, that's for the first model. i'm not saying it doesn't work, however it might not give the same percentile improvements mentioned. i do want to try it though at some point, i just want to read a bit more about capacitors before i mod my brand new speakers that haven't even broken in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back