DAVID! seen the Michelle Young review in DPRP?
Nov 7, 2001 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
Quote:

the result of the collaboration with Clive Nolan

Quote:

the piano/vocal-combination in the title track echoes a distant Strangers on a Train-feeling

Quote:

an atmospheric song with orchestral arrangements in Jabberwocky-style

Quote:

bass (by Peter Gee)

Quote:

a pop/rock-song in almost Tori Amos-style about a girl 'nobody liked' who committed suicide

Quote:

acoustic Toujours Ensemble ..., not unlike ... Friday's Dream (Arena)

Quote:

'This is the best album Kate Bush never made' ... 8/10

OH MY GOSH!
eek.gif

who is this woman?

marked.jpg

Nov 8, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 11
Yep saw it am probably going to order it tommorrow, damn my credit card aint going to know whats hit it this month again!!

Just bought the Nightwish cd Wishmaster which is amazing, just bought the live DVD of the tour, pre-ordered the new Mostly autumn live cd and DVD and now this.

How you likeing that new Pendragon cd that you bought then?

As a matter of interest it was me buying that Pendragon cd that got me started in to the weird and wacky world of Prog rock!!

Incidentally I recently bought that Nostradamus cd collabaration with that bloke from Dream Theatre and theres a rather good duet with Michelle young on that as well.

Just remebered (its late as I type this!)
click on this link for an interview/review as well as link to her website!

www.musicaldiscoveries.com/reviews/myoung.htm

Will let you know what its like when I eventually get it !

Nov 9, 2001 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

How you likeing that new Pendragon cd that you bought then?

I love it! not as good as "Not Of This World" ofcourse (not too many cds are), but songs like Shane, Queen Of Hearts, Prayer, Voyager are all "wow"! beautyful cd.
smily_headphones1.gif

do post some impressions when you get it, if it's good, I might be able to squeeze some cash out of my wallet and go bread-and-water for the rest of the month (again...)
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2001 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 11
oh, could you give some impressions of that Mostly Autumn disc? you seem to like em quite alot, I should check them out some time.

Nov 9, 2001 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
oh, could you give some impressions of that Mostly Autumn disc? you seem to like em quite alot, I should check them out some time.

Where to start with Mostly Autumn?

Well to begin with they arnt typically "neo-prog" ala Arena Pendragon etc but have a more folky feel to it. However the folky influence isn't the main focus and they can still rock out with the best of them. Best place to start cd wise is with the latest "The Last Bright Light" which has a varied feel, one minute soft acoustic guitars with female vocals, the next rocking out with floydian guitar solos.

Check em out you won't regret it.

Nov 10, 2001 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 11
hey thanks. that site with the Michelle Young interview has some interesting (and very long
smily_headphones1.gif
) interviews and revies. gonna read up on some bands
smily_headphones1.gif

first on my list are the Strangers On A Train discs (after I gte Michelle's ofcourse
smily_headphones1.gif
and after I get cash again..). and then ofcourse Landmarq (still haven't got any of them...the shame!), but I need to expand beyond Nolan & co one day.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 11
"one day" ain't happening anytime soon it seems
biggrin.gif
browsing Verglas.com, it seems there is some new material coming our way! Arena with a new concept album in April (picking that up before it's in the stores if I can!) and the long awaited new Nolan/Wakeman colaboration "Hound Of The Baskervilles" shouldn't take too long anymore either! yipeeeee!

hey BTW, do you know if there are any Arena posters out there? in a pic in the Michelle Young interview I saw Clive wearing a really cool Butterfly Man shirt. I'd love to get my hands on one of those
smily_headphones1.gif
or is that fanclub-only material or only available at gigs or something? there's some nice oversize coverart at their site, but I don't have a printer for that size of paper..

Nov 11, 2001 at 11:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
"one day" ain't happening anytime soon it seems
biggrin.gif
browsing Verglas.com, it seems there is some new material coming our waybefore it's in the stores if I can!) and the long awaited new Nolan/Wakeman colaboration "Hound Of The Baskervilles" shouldn't take too long anymore either! yipeeeee!

Even more "good news" for you Braver. In an interview on classic rock radio last night (saturday) Oliver Wakeman gave a date of 4th February for The Hound.

With regards to merchandise just e-mail em that'll get the quickest response!!

Incidinatally ordered the Michelle Young album which will be sent out tomorrow (monday)with the mostly autumn live cd, so it's going to be a good week this week!!

Nov 11, 2001 at 12:07 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by davidcotton

Even more "good news" for you Braver. In an interview on classic rock radio last night (saturday) Oliver Wakeman gave a date of 4th February for The Hound.

can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back