Dave Matthews - Multichannel?
Aug 14, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know they have not released any studio albums in multichannel but they have released 3 live dvds that are in 5.1.

Listener Supported
Live At Folsom Field
The Central Park Concert

Between the three I'd pick up either Listener Supported or the Central Park Concert. (can't narrow it further without more info about which songs off crash were your favorites)

Now if you can do without multichannel on the otherhand, I'd pick up Before These Crowded Streets and Live At Red Rocks before any of the dvds as these are arguably their best two albums. BTCS in particular has amazing production that really shines on a hi-fi system.

(edit: forgot to mention live at luther college its an all acoustic set with tim reynolds that is also on par with BTCS and Red Rocks. Also the Central Park Concert dvd has a slight problem when listening to the 5.1 mix. On the last track the bass just suddenly disappears from the mix but if you go to the stereo mix everything is fine)

Aug 15, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 4
The DVD included with the two disc CD set The Gorge has 5.1 surround

I believe the bonus Busted Stuff DVD included with the CD also has a couple of songs

Aug 16, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Go with the Live at Central Park DVD. I don't see how anyone couldn't like it.. It's unbelievable and will undoubtedly make a DMB fan for life.. Seriously, it's worth it.. You'll love it..

JD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back