Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters.
Jan 10, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluewater
Speaking of bashing, I held off on commenting on your former avatar
wink.gif

Every time I saw it, I kept getting the visual of her kickin' em down the stairs by the time she was 60
biggrin.gif

who which why what

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #17 of 21
I've liked the Foos for a while now. Grohl writes some good pop songs and they perform them well. It's not the most demanding music, but it's fun.

I saw them play at Earl's Court in London in December and they put on a good show. The sound was not that great, but Grohl is a natural on stage. He must be exhausted after all that running around and shouting. He's a pretty good guitarist, but I would have liked to hear him play drums on more than one song.

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
I think their first two albums were the strongest, with Colour and the Shape being my favorite. But I've actually enjoyed the latest and I'm hoping whatever comes next will be better still. Regardless of what they put out, Colour and the Shape will always be considered by me to be one of the best rock albums to come out in the past, I don't know, 10 years or so? Not sure on the time frame, but I really really like it.

Pretty much agree with this asessment, 1st three albums are strong with "color" being best single album group has made.

Previous album "1 x 1" actually pretty weak effort and I thought group was washed up, but newest release "honor" returns to previous levels of quality. Downside is keeps band in holding pattern with nothing really new musically to offer from first three albums. If you are just starting get cheap used copies of first three albums.....

Grohl is very talented playing multiple instruments and songwriting skills.

Jan 10, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 21
Dave Grohl is certainly extremely talented but I think that the last two Foo Fighter albums are over-rated. I just don't like them, the best Foo Fighters albums IMO are the first self-titled one, and the 'Colour and the Shape'. I think both are more creative and inspiring than later albums. 'There is nothing left to lose' is ok, but I don't listen to it anymore as I'm bored with it. As for Nirvana, I'd listen to all of their albums rather than all of Dave's solo work. Bit of a sweeping statement I know, but that's how I feel.

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #21 of 21
i remember a magazine article months back about foo fighters. said that they were this generations led zeppelin. remember, foo fighters is more than just dave grohl yes, dave grohl is good, but lets not forget chris shiflett. he replaced the guy who replaced pat in the orginal line up, and also plays with the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes...and there's Nate Mendel and Taylor Hawkins too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back