Darwin awards
Mar 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

amphead

Headphoneus Supremus
Mar 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 11
The fellow who got run over by the Big Truck is dead. The fellow in the second photo, with his face blown off, looks like he might still be alive - horrors!

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fellow who got run over by the Big Truck is dead. The fellow in the second photo, with his face blown off, looks like he might still be alive - horrors!

He was...we got to review the incident during our Weekly Rig Safety Meeting.

If anyone wants the story on that guy as we were told, he was wiring up an electric blasting cap and forgot his specialized tool for the job so he naturally figured that he could do the job with the tools nature gave him. That's right, he tried to do it with his teeth. The story is that the cap went off and he was still alive when it went off, and still alive and conscious the entire time he was taken to the emergency room.

We've seen some nasty pictures of the aftermath of really bad oil-field accidents up here, but that pic just wigged-out everybody sitting at the table that day.

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He was...we got to review the incident during our Weekly Rig Safety Meeting.

If anyone wants the story on that guy as we were told, he was wiring up an electric blasting cap and forgot his specialized tool for the job so he naturally figured that he could do the job with the tools nature gave him. That's right, he tried to do it with his teeth. The story is that the cap went off and he was still alive when it went off, and still alive and conscious the entire time he was taken to the emergency room.

We've seen some nasty pictures of the aftermath of really bad oil-field accidents up here, but that pic just wigged-out everybody sitting at the table that day.

It's odd the picture doesn't effect me as my mind classifies it bieng fake (though I don't doubt it authenticity). It just shows how stupid people can trully be (when I was rewiring something as small as 12 volts I took precautions [and at no stage use my teath]).

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ç

table that day.

I saw that photo long ago at rotten (a very disgusting site) and there was stated that the guy got injured on a motorcycle crash when wearing no helmet
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcaudon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that photo long ago at rotten (a very disgusting site) and there was stated that the guy got injured on a motorcycle crash when wearing no helmet
confused.gif

Could be.....I'm just claiming what I've been told.

Honestly though, the way his face looks, that looks more like the aftermath of an explosion than the aftermath of a motorcycle crash sans helmet: at least to me...

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 11
The first chap is definitely dead.

Second chap, well... I'm surprised he's still sitting up. One would expect him to be in excruciating pain. Unfortunately, he'd have to eat from a tube for the rest of his life, or shell out tens if not hundreds of thousands for a face transplant. That's if he manages to avoid/survive the (near) inevitable infection a few days into hospital stay.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 11
I am just imagining him sitting there waiting for someone to take his picture with his face blown off.

*smile*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back