Darth recabled Beyers... headphone cable extension?
Apr 16, 2007 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
I've owned these zebra darth beyers for a few months now and I love them. My only issue is the cable is quite short, thus not allowing me to lay down in bed and listen to some tunes.

I'm very noobish when it comes to cabling, but I assume I lose some quality if I just get some old mini jack female to male extension cable? Or am I incorrect in that assumption (which would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif
)? If it's true, aside from getting it recabled (no monies), would the ideal action be to get longer cables for my amp and just move that around instead of extending the headphone cable?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As of now I believe it's around 5ft long. I bought these off a head-fi member.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 3
Assuming the connectors are well made and all, you shouldn't notice any sound degradation. Give it a shot, maybe even have a member make you a nice extension cable. It shouldn't cost too much.

To answer your second question, it is much better to get a headphone cable extension than having longer cables to your amp. This has been covered in a few posts you can read, but suffice it to say that you are likely to notice a difference with the latter than with longer headphone cables.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming the connectors are well made and all, you shouldn't notice any sound degradation. Give it a shot, maybe even have a member make you a nice extension cable. It shouldn't cost too much.

To answer your second question, it is much better to get a headphone cable extension than having longer cables to your amp. This has been covered in a few posts you can read, but suffice it to say that you are likely to notice a difference with the latter than with longer headphone cables.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to take a look at those threads, but long story short... will I notice an increase (however slight) in quality when coming from the DAC to the amp with higher quality rca cables?

Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back