Darth nut interviews jimbo...a classic
Dec 14, 2001 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
I found this on my hard drive today, and bumped it on headwize... It's one of the best threads I've ever read, so enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Darth nut interviews jimbo

Dec 15, 2001 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 12
this is indeed a terriffic thread. It's interesting to me because the last time I read this I was just getting into audio, and knew nothing about what they were talking about. this time through, I understand MUCH more. Thanks for bringing it up!

Dec 15, 2001 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 12
kaiwei,

You might try posting that question over at Headwize, or e-mail Cmoy. He might have some info. I'm curious as well since his "famous" review of the Stax Omega II inspired me to buy mine.

Dec 16, 2001 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 12
I haven't seen Darth here or at headwize in a long time... it's a shame, he was a great guy and I really enjoyed reading his posts... Hope he'll surface again and start posting
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2001 at 5:21 AM Post #8 of 12
Well, the sad news is that Jim (Jimbo's real name) sent news 3 months ago that he was dying of lung cancer. At the time when he sent his e-mail his doctor said he had 4 weeks more to live.

My latest e-mail was sent a few days ago, and I wondered if there would be a reply. No reply, but too early to draw any conclusions.

He was a really courageous chap. So calm and collected, even in the face of impending twilight.

Dec 17, 2001 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 12
Oh my, I'm very sorry to hear that Darth. If you hear from him or his family, could you please let them know them know he has people praying for him and his family.

On a lighter note, glad you're still around...

Dec 17, 2001 at 10:13 AM Post #11 of 12
I'm really sorry to hear this really sad piece of news.

The thread was one of the few really long threads that I actually took the time to read and digest. It actually kept me interested to the very end. Even more than the Neruda 'conversion' thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back