Darth Beyers... Oh yeah :-)
Sep 21, 2006 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I came home from work today and sitting on my bed was a lovely package with a pair of Paduk Darth Beyers in them.
smily_headphones1.gif
I bought these off a fellow head-fi'er and I'm assuming these are the older V1 version of the cans. I never knew how long 8 days could be until I had to wait for these to travel from the US to Australia.

Mmm sexy:

DarthBeyers.jpg

After putting some tunes through them I am truely in love (dunno how I'm going to break this to my girlfriend yet). Everything that I felt was lacking in my stock DT770/80 is now fixed. The lower-mid range is now full and present and the highs are slightly rolled off (not that I had much of a problem with them before). Soundstage also seems to be wider(?)

Just thought I'd share that with you guys since no one else around me would fully understand
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

P.S. Feel free to use this thread to share the Darth Beyer Love
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 7
go for the ebony!

those are purdy spadge.

does the wood type matter in the sound quality dept?

i was looking over at headphile.com earlier, i stupidly sent him an email on his DEAL #7 he's got. I thought it was 535$ for a set of phones. HAH, thats just for the mod. I'd need to get some senn's first. Those look real sexy tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Congrats on the darth beyers. I ordered mine 4 weeks ago from headphile and still have a week of assembly plus the shipping till I get mine, and you thought 8 days was too long.... hah.

They look great and I'm glad to hear that the sound has also improved.

Sep 21, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 7
aren't the darth's technically the ebony (black wood) ones?

don't mean to pee in your wheaties
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman
aren't the darth's technically the ebony (black wood) ones?

don't mean to pee in your wheaties
biggrin.gif

Technically yeah... but who wants to get technical on a site like this?
smily_headphones1.gif

What are the non-ebony versions called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back