Darth Beyers + Dolby Headphone + Movies = BOOM!!
Sep 19, 2005 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Well i've had the darth beyers for a little while now.. not been able to listen to them a huge amount but whenever i have i've been happy.. They're not for everything, and i certainly couldn't live with them for some music, nor ever imagine having them as my only headphones.. BUT play some music with a nice bassline in there and they relish it and really do present a heavy and fun alternate picture to my other headphones.

The isolation is good, but not stellar.. fans for example.. they eliminate all thet wooshing noise but bizarely you're left with the lower pitch noises sounding relatively loud now the masking wooshing sound has been eliminated.. certainly miles more than my other cans, aside from my unused etys..

I came to watch Elektra and Resident Evil 2 on dvd this weekend and did it with the Beyers.. VERY VERY nice.. soundstage was good, isolation helped let me hear clear.. bass was crazy... usual bass warmth but with Dolby headphone set to theatre dynamic range you have to get the volume loud to hear the voices, and then when a big hit comes.. BOOM!!! They actually produce subwoofer style sub-bass.. to the point of even reverberating on the head like i'd imagine a subwoofer would do.. very addictive and just about the best movie listening experience i've had with headphones..

If you do any amount of movie watching through cans then seriously consider the DT770-80s... they ROCK hard!!

Sep 19, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 3
gaming and movies - Darth Beyers all the way. I just picked up Prodigy- the Fat of the Land, and i can't wait for my sister to return the Darth Beyers...

Sep 19, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
gaming and movies - Darth Beyers all the way. I just picked up Prodigy- the Fat of the Land, and i can't wait for my sister to return the Darth Beyers...

Prodigy sure knows how to abuse the heavy bass, I love it
basshead.gif
!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back