DarkVoice THP-336 tube headphone amp
Mar 2, 2006 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aznsensazian

500+ Head-Fier
Looks alot like an eddie current hd25, well at least the tubes they do. Any chinese headfier have any opinions about this tube amp and how it may compare to other chinese amps like the Mr Li's 8P or the G&W T2.6F amps? Its also known as the black 嗓 336 in chinese. Its bigger brother the 337 looks interesting as well. Here are some pictures.

THP-336 front pic
33625se.jpg

Here are the internals of the older version 336, the newer layout is changed just a little.
I really like the point to point wiring. Its neat and clean.
3363sr.jpg

Here is the 337, looks like it could do balance. Although, i have never seen this kind of balancing. Two power supplies. wow
33741do.jpg

Front side with tubes
33724wf.jpg

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 7
I am also interested in finding out about this amp. I have contacted the seller on eBay that sells these and asked him how the TH336 compares to the LDII. It looks to be better quality and hopefully better sound? I also asked if he was going to offer any 337's. I'll post the reply on here later when I get his answer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Cool, ill be waiting to hear some impressions. I actually sent the ebay reseller a similar question and his answer was yes it is better than the ld2, but he didnt specify in what areas is it better. dunno.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 7
I got an email from the seller..unfortunately he says that he isnt going to sell any more on ebay because he wasnt making a profit off of selling these amps.
frown.gif
I'll have to e-mail him back asking if there is any other place to purchase one since they look to be a bit better than the LDII and similar to a Woo3, but also less in price. I'm also interested in the 337....
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Can you find out if the gain settings are more for Grados (low impedence)... or higher impedences?

Thanks,
Garrett

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
I really like the point to point wiring. Its neat and clean.
3363sr.jpg

That has got to be some of the best P2P work i've ever seen. It so neat and clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back