Darkvoice Problems
Feb 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LearJet4

New Head-Fier
I own and love a Darkvoice 332 and for unknown reasons it died yesterday. I have replaced the power tubes and then the driver tubes and I just don't have sound. It is not my source either. The tubes are powered and working fine. When I tried turning it on again last night I heard about 10 seconds of low quality sound before the sound died away. Anyone know where I can find a circuit diagram or a place to repair it closest to New Jersey? Ideas on what part needs to be replaced? When it died originally it was on for two or three hours. The amplifier itself has around 75 hours on it
triportsad.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 5
When I needed to replace the broken power switch damaged during shipping on my DV332, I took it to a TV repair shop in Cranford. If it's new, I would contact the seller.

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 5
The same thing just happened to me the other day. I've also tried replacing the tubes with no luck. They still glow and several seconds after I turn it on I can hear briefly hear some very low volume sound coming through, but then it goes away and doesn't come back. Do these symptoms indicate anything in particular?

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Since it's common to both channels my best guess without looking at it would be a problem in the power section (which is common to both left and right). It could be as simple as a rectifier diode or capacitor that went out.

The the bulbs appear to be glowing properly?
If they are my next step would be to check the high power voltages with a VOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back