Darkvoice Figaro?
Nov 29, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, Jasmine told me the 110V Figaros are not ready yet, so mine won't be here for a little while yet. Look forward to it, though!

wow! nice that you got one even thought you've got the holy father!

please let us know how it fares! i just used a lot of exclamation points

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #17 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't comment on either of those amps. But in the DV heirarchy, the FIGARO is below the 336i. At £75, it's their entry level amp. Having said that it sounds really good.

Godkin, have you rolled the tubes yet? How does it compare to the other offerings from DV (you have a 332 don't you
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #19 of 166
No tubes rolled in yet. Tube rolling will be a more time consuming business with the FIGARO as the case has to be opened. Not difficult, just less straightfoward. Good thing is, tubes are pretty cheap, though harder to come by.

Truthfully, the FIGARO is not in the same class as the 332. The 332 has more refinement and power. Having said that, the FIGARO, at £75, is a great little amp.

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #21 of 166
Mine is a Christmas present so I won't be seeing it again 'til Christmas morning.
frown.gif
Everyday, I look at that neatly wrapped bundle and want to tear it open. It's like Chinese water torture. "Her indoors" is gloating at my suffering.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 166
The tubes in the Figaro are equivalent to the US NOS type 6GV8. I have a pair of those, so I will be trying them when mine comes, although since I am reviewing it, I will review it first with the stock tubes.

That said, since every other DV amp sounded much better with the tubes upgraded from stock, I would imagine the same would be true here...

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...That said, since every other DV amp sounded much better with the tubes upgraded from stock, I would imagine the same would be true here...

Careful w/ that statement or the "You can not comment on a product you have not heard POLICE" will come and kick your behind for daring to state so.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #24 of 166
LOL Miguel! I did say "I Imagine" !

At least in this case I will be able to find out for myself
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #25 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful w/ that statement or the "You can not comment on a product you have not heard POLICE" will come and kick your behind for daring to state so.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Suitably chastised, Miguel :)

Ya estoy jubilado como policia.

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 166
Im so confused now. Should I just pull the trigger on one of these for my DT770 or continue to wait? ~$200 budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back