Darkvoice 337 Repair Help
Feb 15, 2010 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bol

Head-Fier
My DV337 failed sometime ago, where any tube in on the 'R' channel appears to die. There is also no output on the 'L' channel. At this point it's hard to tell exactly which (driver or power) tube is dying. I've had it at a repair shop for awhile with no luck.

Darkvoice has been unable to provide a schematic, and I've only ever received garbled responses from them.

At this point in time the amp is pretty much ready to be thrown away since it can't be repaired locally. I'm sure the issue is simple, but the repair shops can't figure it out without a schematic. Shrug.

Am I best to just junk this amp? I'm tired of frying tubes in an attempt to resurrect it.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 9
Maybe the mods can move this post to the DIY forum where some more specific assistance can be furnished ?

bol.....you'll need to take some high quality pics of the internals to add to the post in order for the DIY guys to evaluate the topology/parts etc...

Keep bugging DV for the schematic but do so in a polite manner (not that you aren't being polite already). Be persistent and maybe they will send the schematic. The DV337 is worth the effort and expense (up to a reasonable point in terms of cost of course).

Good luck...

Peete.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Maybe the mods can move this post to the DIY forum where some more specific assistance can be furnished ?

bol.....you'll need to take some high quality pics of the internals to add to the post in order for the DIY guys to evaluate the topology/parts etc...

x2,

it would be a pity to junk such a nice amp.
im sure the tube amp guru's around here will help you out.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My DV337 failed sometime ago, where any tube in on the 'R' channel appears to die. There is also no output on the 'L' channel. At this point it's hard to tell exactly which (driver or power) tube is dying. I've had it at a repair shop for awhile with no luck.

Darkvoice has been unable to provide a schematic, and I've only ever received garbled responses from them.

At this point in time the amp is pretty much ready to be thrown away since it can't be repaired locally. I'm sure the issue is simple, but the repair shops can't figure it out without a schematic. Shrug.

Am I best to just junk this amp? I'm tired of frying tubes in an attempt to resurrect it.

Could you give me Signs photo,Photos inside the machine.Tell me what is wrong with it.I think of a way to help you.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks! I've got the amp at another repair shop to see if they have any luck at the moment. I'll try and forward the information and if not I'll get pictures and info.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I've got the amp at another repair shop to see if they have any luck at the moment. I'll try and forward the information and if not I'll get pictures and info.

Old darkvoice is my design.Are You buying a new or old.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

by Yuking. Please click on diagram to enlarge!

Thanks,very much. luckyfrog.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back