DarkVoice 336SE, or Little Dot MK III 3
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

augustwest

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to get a new tube amp and have narrowed it down to either the DarkVoice 336SE, or Little Dot MK III 3. Any thoughts pro, or con as to which is to be preferred and why?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 7
i have a MKIII and like the tube rolling options if you have a look in the tube rolling thread.I guess your choice also depends on which headphone you want to use.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 7
"I guess your choice also depends on which headphone you want to use."

Well that is part of the dilemma I use Grados, HD650s & Beyer DT990s. However, I use the HD650s / DT990s most. That said I do need something that will work with the Grados too.

Another question in my mind, of the two amps under consideration (LD MK111 / DV336) which has the most bass impact (amount and quality of)? Any thoughts there? 

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 7
don´t nail me down on this statement, but in a review i read the user said the MKIII had a tad more bass fundament than the BH crack but i can´t find the review anymore so you´ll have to trust me:wink:.As i only have the HD650 i can say with a good DAC these sound terrifically good to me on the MKIII.But be aware to do some tube rolling to find the perfect fit for you.

Anyway i did a search here on head-fi and found 2 more threads asking the same question

http://www.head-fi.org/t/388355/little-dot-mk-iii-vs-darkvoice-336se-vs-fubar-iii
http://www.head-fi.org/t/390013/darkvoice-336se-vs-little-dot-mk-iv

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 7
If I may revive the thread, I am actually looking at similar choices, along with the Muse TU-20, Indeed G3 and Maverick D2. I am using the DT 770 (80ohm) along with a receiver and some speakers. I am also very interested in swapping tubes to be able to switch around the sound, that I would say is a priority for me. I am a beginer and dont really have much experience with tubes. My budget is also kid of limited to around $200. I also currently use a Fiio E11 and audioengine D1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back