Darkvoice 336i repair question
May 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SonicDawg

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have a broken Darkvoice 336i here for a while now, from a bad shipping (with UPS
rolleyes.gif
) incident. Anyway, the amp doesn't power on, and I can feel that some thing heavy is moving around in the top box (is it the transformer?) So my assumption is that the transformer has somehow come loose from the shipment. After a long time of letting the amp sitting in a corner gathering dust, I decided to tinker with it a bit.

I have the 336i version, the second revision with the PCB board. I desoldered the board and tried to get to the screws connection the transformer boxer. I have come to two big screws but they don't seem to be moving much. I just kept turning them over and over and the box is still fixed firmly to the chassis. I am pretty sure that I have unscrewed all other small screws. What's keeping the transformer box on the chassis?

May 11, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 3
bump. anyone?

May 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Check your Yellow Pages under electronic repair. What you are looking for is "Amp Doctor", some one who services Musicians Guitar Amps (a good portion are tube). He would be the one who could service your Amp. It wasn't insured? Or well packaged? Darkvoice ships around the World and most make the journey intact! It sounds like the anchor nut on the other side is spinning, not allowing a good snug. Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back