DarkVoice 336i Amp Arrived
May 28, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #31 of 37
@Kt88:

thanks to this great forum I became a tuberoller with the DV 336. This is my first post here.
Just ordered the AN cap you mentioned above, but I am not a pro at mods so could you by any chance provide some internal pics of your caps installed? That would help. Thank you.

May 28, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #32 of 37
Hey,

No problem. First, open them amp, there are 2 screws hiding behind the printed paper that's glued there.

Than, just solder the cap's (one for each channel) to the output caps part like that:
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dv2yz4.jpg

as you can see, its very symmetrically built. The yellow caps are the AN one's, the 3 soldering points circled in red on each side are connected and the blue circled points are connected as well (the three 10micro-farad caps on each channel are in parallel). Just solder the caps and that is it.

May 28, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by KT88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

No problem. First, open them amp, there are 2 screws hiding behind the printed paper that's glued there.

Than, just solder the cap's (one for each channel) to the output caps part like that:
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dv2yz4.jpg

as you can see, its very symmetrically built. The yellow caps are the AN one's, the 3 soldering points circled in red on each side are connected and the blue circled points are connected as well (the three 10micro-farad caps on each channel are in parallel). Just solder the caps and that is it.

KT88, interesting mod there! Can you tell me what are the caps that you have in there? Specific specs? I am not too good with electronics, but I think I can shoulder on this one, if the result is really that good
biggrin.gif

nvm: They are almost more expensive than the amp itself
eek.gif
Any good alternative that won't break the bank?

May 28, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #34 of 37
Thanks again Kt88 for the very helpful illustration of your mod.
If I see things right though, you installed each AN cap differently : the left one seems to be connected below a blue-marked solder point whereas the right one is connected directly to a respective solder point. Is that in any way important?
I suppose the other cap you mentioned earlier is the square one near the top of the pic?

It sure looks like a neat mod and I look forward to fuelling my K340s with it...
cool.gif

btw anyone tried the New Stock/Reissued, Russian made Tung-Sol 6SN7gtb?

May 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #36 of 37
May 29, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #37 of 37
bioport, you can solder however you want, it makes no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back