Darkvoice 336 vs KICAS Caliente for HD650
Jun 28, 2009 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Schoenberg

100+ Head-Fier
Can you help me compare Darkvoice 336 vs KICAS Caliente for sennheiser HD650?
I failed to find threads comparing them at the same time.

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I've been doing a fair amount of research on amps in this price range. They are two fundamentally different sounds. I have looked at a bunch of the threads on these amps and it seems that the Darkvoice is popular for its tube rolling options but may not really have enough juice to power a headphone like the HD650 or K701. Unfortunately, I have yet to truly understand what makes the KICAS different from other well made SS amps.

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for reply. But I am afraid to say that Darkvoice 336i has really strong power to drive HD650. At 9 o'clock, 336 is as loud as KICAS at 3 o'clock.(both amps are on my desk now but I can't make a big difference. i do need some suggestions.)

It seems that a lot of people here are using HD650 with 336se or 336i. KICAS is also popular but not necessarily with HD650.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiotodd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been doing a fair amount of research on amps in this price range. They are two fundamentally different sounds. I have looked at a bunch of the threads on these amps and it seems that the Darkvoice is popular for its tube rolling options but may not really have enough juice to power a headphone like the HD650 or K701. Unfortunately, I have yet to truly understand what makes the KICAS different from other well made SS amps.

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 5
I just can't differentiate them except volume.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiotodd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you already have both amps and the headphones why are you asking people which is better? Listen to them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back