Darkvoice 3322
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just might be. I can see the filters; seems to be dual mono, won't DV guys be able to answer this?

BTW does this amp have any kind of gain settings? How does it work with lower impedance cans?

Its great with high impedance phones... and OK with low impedance phones. Just not as good with low impedance phones as amps with higher current, lower impedance output, such as the X-CAN v8.

If you're planning on driving only Denons, or Grados, or even ATHs... you'd find other amps, will drive them much better.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its great with high impedance phones... and OK with low impedance phones. Just not as good with low impedance phones as amps with higher current, lower impedance output, such as the X-CAN v8.

If you're planning on driving only Denons, or Grados, or even ATHs... you'd find other amps, will drive them much better.

The thing is I have 3 headphones - one high imp. HD 650 and two others - SR 225 and A900. Now I already have a little dot micro tube that does reasonably well with the lower impedance ones; but I feel both cans can do better. What I would love is if any amp would have a gain setting; do any of the DV amps have that?

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #48 of 68
Having owned the DV337 I can say it did not like my Denon AHD5000's (OTL
simply does not work). Since the 3322 is Trans coupled - I should think it would work quite fine - my understanding it is designed for cans 25 - 600 ohm.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by daleda@sbcglobal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having owned the DV337 I can say it did not like my Denon AHD5000's (OTL
simply does not work). Since the 3322 is Trans coupled - I should think it would work quite fine - my understanding it is designed for cans 25 - 600 ohm.

I think the 3322 is still OTL.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is I have 3 headphones - one high imp. HD 650 and two others - SR 225 and A900. Now I already have a little dot micro tube that does reasonably well with the lower impedance ones; but I feel both cans can do better. What I would love is if any amp would have a gain setting; do any of the DV amps have that?

No gain setting on any DV amp that I know of. I think gain can be set with the appropriate signal tube though. On the 332, the gain switch is unnecessary. The volume pot setting is not that different between a HD600 or a Denon AH2000.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #51 of 68
what DAC would be recommended with one of these? i believe we're talking about the 3322 here.

also seems kind of nitpicky for someone in the highpriced world of audio but i'm still living with energy-conscious parents, so how much would one of these cost to run if you've basically got it on all day? especially that first month where i'd basically do nothing but 24/7 burn in.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #52 of 68
Godkin; any updates?
Please try to do a comparison with a lower impedance can also. Heck if I were close I'd lend you my SR 225's and A900's. I love the look of the amp; if only it sounds as good I'm going in...

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #53 of 68
The review in very nearly finished, just the conclusion to write and a few new pics to take. Sorry, I don't have any low impedance cans, but I'll ask around and see if I can get my hands on a pair.
frown.gif
If so, I'll update the review with any conclusions.

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #54 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The review in very nearly finished, just the conclusion to write and a few new pics to take. Sorry, I don't have any low impedance cans, but I'll ask around and see if I can get my hands on a pair.
frown.gif
If so, I'll update the review with any conclusions.

Waiting for it impatiently
smily_headphones1.gif
Please take nice high-res pics. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #55 of 68
Just received my DV3322 and replaced Chinese tubes with Mullard M8100 and Svetlana 6C19P-V's - and it is a keeper! Having owned the DV337 (and not being one of it's fans) I can say this amp certainly matches it' power and is a damn sight better looking (small footprint). The build quality is exceptional (especially in light of the SP threads running of late). It powers my Senn 600's beautifully and "surprise" - powers my Denon AH-D5000's with ease! This little amp outshines some very expensive amps thru my system over the years - I'm amazed! The cool thing is the tube replacements are many and no body parts to be surrendered in the process of purchasing them. DV really seems to be on to something here. I ordered mine direct from Jasmine (who I had purchased my DV337 from in early 08) and the transaction was flawless (shipped to me in 5 days in Texas - and his packing is in foam surround and a heavy duty box now - a very good thing).

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #57 of 68
can anyone tell me if darkvoice 3322 is a balanced amp?

and does it have some kind of a phase splitter so that it will be able to generate a balanced signal from an unbalanced source?

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #58 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone tell me if darkvoice 3322 is a balanced amp?

and does it have some kind of a phase splitter so that it will be able to generate a balanced signal from an unbalanced source?

It's not a balanced amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back